Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOWWW DEEE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOWWW DEEE

Hello fellow pit-heads, my name is Ed and I really love this site. I have learned so much from Meathead in the past year or so. I am cooking up two briskits and was browsing around again. I come here almost every time i smoke a big piece of meat... Today i was feeling guilty. I come here All the time and until now was not thoughtful enough to join and give my little support to the site! Well It's official, I stopped thinking only about myself. I have been grilling/smoking for i would say 16 years ever since my dad gave me a 55 gal drum grill. My favorite HAS to be brisket with babybacks a close 2nd, but I LOVE it ALL!!! Up until last year I never even used a temp probe lol I just did it by sight, feel, and taste. Ever since I found this site it's been a whole new world for me. I have so much more to learn! I smoke exclusively with hickory. I have tried most of the popular woods but my personal favorite is hands down hickory from southern missouri. I an 46 yrs old and live right across the river from Ol St.Louis Missouri right outside the stinky steel town of Granite City. I'll quit rambling now and try to post some pics of my cook later on.

Welcome, must be something in the air here because I am from North Arkansas and Hickory is the only thing that tastes right to me.

Comment

Welcome aboard Ed...I too cook only with hickory and sometimes mix with apple wood...luv the taste of hickory

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Pit-for-Brains! Best. Username. Ever! And we too are glad you stopped thinking of only yourself, lol.

Hickory remains a very popular smoking wood. I would say hickory and apple compete for most popular among the masses.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks guys. I am working on my assignment now lol hope I don't fail!

Comment

Well I am having trouble uploading pics to my post using my mobile phone. I get to the thumbnail and click a size but nothing happens. I was able to post it to my avatar. That's the briskets I'm cooking today. Is there a trick? The only thing that works is the remove link.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit-for-Brains View Post
              Well I am having trouble uploading pics to my post using my mobile phone. I get to the thumbnail and click a size but nothing happens. I was able to post it to my avatar. That's the briskets I'm cooking today. Is there a trick? The only thing that works is the remove link.
              Yeah you have to use the camera icon when posting from mobile phones. vBulletin allows you to think the attachment method will work on a phone, then it just stops. Sorry about that. I will edit the picture posting tips accordingly soon.

On a computer, the attachment method is best since it allows large pics to be placed inline in the text of the posts. Better flow that way.

Comment

I'll just use my computer, I figured that out no problem.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150313_121443050_zpsdsynq1yt.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	70750
                five hours in!

Comment

Welcome, glad you had a Come to Jesus moment and thanks for the support. I agree with Huskee this is the best user name yet.

Comment

Hey there Pit! Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here