Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not so new, been lurking for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so new, been lurking for a while

My name is Arnoud, I live in the Netherlands. I like too cook, to bake and obviously grill and barbecue too. Some friends say I should make a living making food, but for now I'll stick to being an IT network nerd.

I'm using a big weber kettel:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180519_170436.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.31 MB ID:	700826

often together with a slow 'n sear:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190421_124936.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.89 MB ID:	700827

And I've recently added an bbq guru dx3, that still needs proper mounting ;-)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190617_100018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.54 MB ID:	700825
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190626_085808.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	701445
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190617_100026.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.38 MB ID:	700824
    Last edited by bomba23; June 26, 2019, 01:20 AM. Reason: Added mounted dx3

Nice decked out 26 Weber! Welcome Arnoud, eat good & have fun! It will be a blast havin ya along!
    Last edited by FireMan; June 26, 2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. You will like this place.

Comment

Most seemed to have lurked around this site before joining, fun people with much to learn from.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Arnoud.

Comment

We are glad you made this appearance in the Pit! We hope to hear more from you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado.

Comment

Greetings from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! As a 26.75” kettle owner myself... I love your setup! A few questions if you don’t mind...
                        -Did you find the installation of the guru to be easy/straight forward?
                        -What kind of low n slow burn times are you getting with the SnS loaded down with charcoal?
                        -Where to do have the guru blowing air into the kettle in relation to the positioning of the SnS?
                        -Do you notice any difference when using the guru vs not using it (ie fuel burns faster, weird burn patterns, etc?)
                        -How stable are temps when using the guru and what do your vent settings look like? Assuming vents are almost completely closed on top/bottom?

Thanks!!

Comment

• bomba23
                          bomba23 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          easy, as I drilled a hole in the kettle at the back. SnS sits above it.
                          If I don't make mistakes, full load runs for 7 to 8 hours at 225.
                          With the guru it saves me on coal, bottom vent should be completely closed, top vent open at least half.
                          Initially it will overshot some, but after that it's quite are stable, even when adding water or coal on long session, it will go up a bit after long opening, but not too Bad. I've checked it with the Weber app & second thermometer

Looks like you are dialed in! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here