Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking the next step in grilling & smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the next step in grilling & smoking

Hi everyone,

I joined the Club recently, and I'm loving all the great advice and the sense of community.

I've been grilling for a long time on Weber gas grills. After reading Meathead's book and a bunch on this site, I decided it was time to up my game a bit. Thanks to some helpful advice, my Weber is now sporting a set of GrillGrates, and I've had a successful first cook with my Pit Barrel Cooker.

With a tiny, uncovered patio at my house in New England, I really don't have the luxury of grilling year-round. (During the winter, I need the patio space to pile up shoveled snow. Besides, my commitment to grilling is often superseded by my desire to stay warm and dry.) That means, though, that I try to get the most out of my summer weekends. The PBC looks to be a great addition, and it doesn't take up too much space on the patio.

I look forward to continuing to learn and be inspired by the rest of the Pitmaster Club community!

Regards,
    Max

I first started my smoking adventure when I was living in Wilder Vermont. I made a little spot just off my tiny deck that I had and that was where I had my WSM setup. Used it year round once I got the vents dialed in. I now live in Colorado just north of Denver and I use my grills all year round here as well. I like being able to have smoked meat year round so I compromise and do it on some of the nicer days.

Comment

Snow melts,,,,quickly when ur cookin’ out doors
      I’ll take snow over rain any day
      and a single malt when I’m gettin’ tuned in,,,,,

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir.

Comment

Welcome Max from the hot State of Texas. No snow stopping cooking outdoors here !!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Pile the snow somewhere else, put on a hoodie, get a bottle of Bulleit bourbon, nothing better than a winter day smoke.
              Don't get me wrong I hope winter stays away for a long time but when its here embrace it....or head to Jamaica, I do both.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from south Texas, where the only hindrances to grilling 365 are searing heat on many afternoons and the occasional violent thunderstorm! Doesn’t stop us though🤣

Comment

A couple of paving stones from your local landscaping supply company and you can go year round.

Comment

I once lived in a small farming village in Japan. Even with snow on the ground, I managed to light up the grill (a novelty in Japan for homes). Old ladies would walk past our house, peer over the wall and mutter about the crazy gaijin standing out in the falling snow while cooking.

After living there a couple of years, they started inviting me to festivals, parties, etc. Then I started having neighbors over where I grilled burgers and got dogs (they love American stuff). One year I smoked a couple of turkeys and had about 20 over for an American Thanksgiving. The expression of people that had never see a turkey before was priceless.

Soon, every get together included me and my Weber's.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. Year round cooking, earthquakes mean we might have to chase the grill down though.
                        Last edited by ofelles; June 28, 2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.
                          I will not moan about having to contest with PE wind again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here