Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chicago

Hi, Jason from Chicago here aka "Retailgeek".

I recently bought a condo with a modest deck that allowed grills, and found this website while researching what grill to buy.

I'm definitely a novice, I grew up cooking burgers on grills, but never put any thought into what I was doing or tried anything more ambitious. But I've been soaking up all the great articles here and am eager to learn more.

I ended up getting a Weber Spirit S-220 (2-burner natural gas), as it was about the biggest size that fit on our deck and our deck has a natural gas line. I'm doing some dry-runs calibration now, to see if I can dial in my indirect heat setup.

I look forward to learning from you all. Cheers,

-Jason

Natural Gas, that will be nice if you do some low and slow long cooks on that dude.

Someone else lives up there....maybe Meathead and Max

Welcome.....JB

Comment

Hey Jason, good to have you here. We look forward to helping you master the fine art of grilling as well as low & slow southern barbecue, or whatever you decide to try. When you get a minute, check out the Pit Boss' Welcome message about the forum here and how to set up your signature. It can be found as the top message on the main page of The Pit (top left tab).

Comment

Welcome Jason! Glad to have you hear. We hope to see pics of your cooks real soon. Let us know how the dry runs are going in the meantime. Kick back, relax, and enjoy good conversation with all the other AR fans. Again, welcome!

Pit Boss

Comment

And Hello back from Chicago, well the suburbs that is. Jerod is right, both Meathead and I are Chicago guys. Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here