Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from DW

Hi folks. I have to thank you for your fantastic site. I have already learned a lot from you. I love cooking and food. I used to make some fantastic smoked Turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my old Brinkman Cookin Cajun smoker back in the early 90s. Then I wrecked a few and quit doing it, staying in the kitchen instead. Got a Weber a few years back hoping to get back into it. However, temperature control, patience, and attention was a problem. Burnt a couple, served a couple medium rare, and decided to give it up. Messed up some ribs several ways on my gas grill (DCS); could never get the temperature below 300 degrees. After reading your site and other research bought a MAK 2 star. Doing my first ribs according to your recipe as I type. The MAK has impressed me with its temperature control and smoke smells good. Hopen2Bsmokin good.Thanks again for your awesome website. Surely one of the best on the web.
    Best regards,
    David

Never, Never, Never Quit! Welcome from Georgia!

Comment

Greetings H2BS! The best thing you can do to eliminate any further ruined meat is get yourself a good digital thermometer. A good fairly affordable one is the Maverick ET 732, many of us use one, they're lifesavers...and convenient too.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel on the main page and the Tips post too, it will help you fill out your signature as well as learn the best way to post pictures here. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit David! You're going to love the Mak 2 Star. I have one myself with the wifi and two half upper racks. It's an awesome smoker.

Comment

Welcome David!

Comment

Hey there H2 welcome

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your kind welcome and suggestions. I did update my signature. This site is one of the best on web on any subject. I had very good luck on my first rack of baby back ribs on my new MAK2. It was just a trial run, but everyone who tasted them were quite complimentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                Welcome to The Pit David! You're going to love the Mak 2 Star. I have one myself with the wifi and two half upper racks. It's an awesome smoker.

Every time I hear someone mention WiFi on their smoker I think of this for some reason (maybe because you guys also talk to your equipment). Feel free to replace computer with BBQ.

Comment

Welcome, David... Mak 2 Star is on my wish list.

Comment

Welcome David I'm new here as well. We have all wrecked meat just keep going. comgrads on your new MAK 2 it should make your life a little easier. I am sitting on my couch right now waiting impatiently for the truck coming down from Georgia with my new Lang 48 Deluxe on it, will be doing a GGQ party this weekeng.

Rob

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here