Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to Columbus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Columbus!

Howdy fellow pit members.

I’ve been crawling these forums for awhile now. I’m glad I stumbled upon this website 4 years ago. While in Dallas over the last few years I’ve been learning how to smoke on my Weber kettle with the slow n sear. ​I’m moving to Columbus (specifically Dublin) in about a week!

For this coming Father’s Day the wife agreed I could get a new grill! Woot! I was thinking of a stick burner but unfortunately our schedule for the first year is going to be fairly crazy so the stick burner will have to wait for a bit. I’ve settled on a pellet smoker (probably a camp chef woodwind) to allow a little more hands free cooking while I save up a bit more for the stick burner.

Is there anyone else here from the Columbus area? I could definitely use some inside info on Columbus!

Ohio?

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! We’re assuming you’re not moving to Ireland, although that is a beautiful place.

Comment

• sarredon
        sarredon commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha yes, Ohio. From San Antonio originally. Those winters are gonna take some getting used to.

If you do mean Columbus OH, I’ve been out there a couple times over the years... our corporate headquarters is in Westerville. I didn’t get to explore TOO much, but from what I did get to see it’s a pretty nice town and the people were generally super friendly. So long as you’re not a Michigan fan, you should be okay lol.

If you’ve got any specific questions or concerns about the town let me know. I’ve got a few friends who are still up there I can hit up for answers for you.

Comment

I went to school there and my sister lives just west of Dublin. Downtown in German Village they have some great butcher shops. Sausage in one, beef and other cuts in another fish in another. Good place to eat also. I have been back many times to visit friends. The roads can get busy with the state capital, OSU and several hospitals and insurance companies.

Just remember when you move up there you bleed Buckeye Scarlet and Gray.LOL

Let me know also and I will get you any info I can from my sister.
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 15, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here