Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken from Hotlanta Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken from Hotlanta Here!

Hello All,

I am a novice when it comes to BBQ. I am a lover of family, good friends, good food, and good beer. I have been smoking for 10 years or more, but since finding this website a little over a year ago, I can say without a doubt it has greatly improved my finished product.

I am a salesman by trade so I do a great deal of traveling and have had the opportunity to eat BBQ and smoked meats from all over the world. Some of the best BBQ I have had, I have made using the recipes from this site, so hats off to Meathead and all of the contributors. You all have helped me cook like a pro and earn kudos from my family and friends! Thank you so much!

This is truly a wonderful site, so it was a no-brainer for me to join to help keep it going.

Best purchase I have ever made by far is the Maverick ET-732.

Here's a pic of my last smoke session a couple of weeks ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	July 2014 048.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	6950

All the best, Ken

Welcome my fellow Georgian!

Comment

Welcome, I lived in Georgia for a few years, even married me a Georgia peach... which is why I live in AR now!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ken! Thanks for getting the sig squared away

Comment

Ken, do you like Sam Adams' Cream Stout? Have you tried their chocolate bock? (Regarding your beer in your sig)
          Love 'em when I'm in a stout mood.
          Last edited by Huskee; August 4, 2014, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• BBQLipscken
            BBQLipscken commented
            Editing a comment
            The cream stout is pretty good but haven't tried the chocolate bock. I think I will need to add that one to my list for winter! A real good stout I had recently was from a local growler store, Odempsy’s Your Black Heart Russian Imperial Stout. It is a local brewed beer. If you ever are in Atlanta definitely worth a try. I think they do distribute to PA, NC, SC, and Bama as well.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            The chocolate bock bY SA is hard to find, it comes in large wine-sized bottles at specialty liquor shops, but it's also available in 12oz bottles in their seasonal winter sampler boxes. They don't just sell it in 6 packs, which baffles me. It's amazing.

Welcome Ken! I drove all the way to Newnan from eastern Az to hunt turkeys last year. The folks were friendly and the food was great. Can't wait to get my hands on some Brunswick stew again. It doesn't exsist out west!

Comment

• BBQLipscken
            BBQLipscken commented
            Editing a comment
            There are many great foods we have in the south unfortunately the west doesn't have. If you are ever near Atlanta, a great eats place for Brunswick Stew is Matthews Cafeteria in Tucker (just outside of ATL). They were featured on Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives on the Food Network. Great southern home cooking!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here