Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BigEnchilada aka Keith Krieger, KCMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BigEnchilada aka Keith Krieger, KCMO

Greetings from Kansas City, Missouri, where you can now take a bus tour of some of the 100+ BBQ restaurants in the metro: http://kcbarbecuetours.com/. People try to compile lists of all of the BBQ joints in town, but the task is daunting. And then you have people who try to *eat* at all of the BBQ joints in town, which is even more daunting:
    Restaurant location Ashley John Mark Sarah Arthur Bryant's 1727 brooklyn ave, Kansas City, MO X X B.B.'s Lawnside 1205 E 85t...

I bought a Big Poppa kit a few years back, and a reconditioned food grade 55 gallon drum from a local drum recycler, assembled everything, and followed Meathead's recipes.
    Currently using a Tappecue temp monitor, made in Kansas City. 4 probes, wifi, and an iOS or Android app to monitor all 4 probes from anywhere, plus an Excel spreadsheet emailed to when you finish the cook. Worth a look:
    Discover the Ultimate Tappecue Meat Thermometer – Your BBQ Temperature Control Companion. Elevate Your Grilling Experience with Wi-Fi Thermometry and Precision Temperature Monitoring. Explore the Future of Thermometers Now!

Everybody loves what comes off the smoker. We buy pasture-raised beef and hogs, a whole animal at a time, so we have lots of cuts to experiment with, not to mention 15 pound pork bellies for home-cured bacon.
    Glad to be here, and always like to see everyone's cooking.

Welcome again Keith! Must be kinda cool living in good ol' Kansas City. That Tappecue Excel sheet sounds like a nice perk.

As promised, here's our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

The Tappecue is great. Pull out the phone anywhere to see how temps are running. Worth a look.

Comment

Hey there BigE. Nice to meet you.

Comment

• BigEnchilada
          BigEnchilada commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Glad to be in the Pit. I've been hanging around the site for awhile, so the Pit is a nice addition.

Welcome aboard Keith

Comment

• BigEnchilada
          BigEnchilada commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I'm humbled by the amount of gear the crew in the Pit uses. 2 and 3 Webers seems to be the minimum. Must be a gateway drug of some kind. . .

Keith, welcome aboard! And thank you for the web links. I think I may have found my next mini vacation. This is a great site with a great bunch of guys here to help. Look forward to talking to you here.

Comment

• BigEnchilada
          BigEnchilada commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. With 100+ BBQ restaurants in town, picking the "best" is difficult. Best bet is to take a seat at a bar somewhere in town, and ask the people on either side, and the bartender, what's the best BBQ in Kansas City. An hour later, you'll have engaged the entire bar, have more suggestions than time, and possibly invitations to join some of the patrons at their favorite BBQ place.
          Here's another list:

• Gunderich_1
          Gunderich_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the other list and advice, Keith. You know, the sad thing is, years ago before I was into BBQ like I am now, KC was in my sales territory. I visited some fine steak houses but not too many BBQ joints.....ah well. Regards, Tim.

Welcome and looking forward to your contributions

Comment

• BigEnchilada
          BigEnchilada commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks. I've been brewing our own hard cider for a couple of years now. That can get as seriously crazy as BBQ. . . .

Welcome Keith! We're glad you're here.

Comment

• BigEnchilada
          BigEnchilada commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Looking forward to learning more.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here