Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Australia - Smoked my first pork but yesterday - I'm hooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Australia - Smoked my first pork but yesterday - I'm hooked

Hi,

Bought a Weber smoke mountain last week. ( we are charged $699.00 here - yes $699.00!!!)
    But after reading reviews, I decided it was a good investment.
    This site is fantastic.
    Followed the pulled pork recipe yesterday and the result has us floored.
    It came out that good, I can't wait until next Saturday to fire her up again.
    As a first time smoker, I looked at the finished pork but and saw that bark - it was awsome.
    Friends of ours mentioned it looked burnt..... Well expected that as we don't cook meat this way here generally. But, having come from a visit to Texas in January this year, I knew it was perfect. After tasting the Pork But, our friends quickly took back their comment.
    We put a fork it to open up a fall apart pork but, smoke ring deep in and a taste that blew us all away.
    Thanks America, you have opened our eyes to the REAL meaning of BBQ.
    I just wish I had of found out about this earlier.....

John
    Melbourne, Australia

Glad you found the pleasures of smoking Pork. Just wait until you do your first Brisket and seperate out the "Burnt Ends".. Trust me, they're not burnt but they're the cherry on top! I don't know how much brisket costs down your way but I would start with a Chuck Roast. Lots cheaper than a Brisket but the taste is fantastic when done right.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome, and at least you found out! The great thing is you will be able to cook and show others things they know nothing about. I just cooked one today, unfortunately it was a test with a different method that didn't quite work out.

Comment

Welcome, I was in Melbourne many years ago, pre kids. If you have to have a hobby, might as be one that provides fantastic things to eat. Keep the faith, and ask questions.

Comment

Welcome Thirsty! We're glad you're here.

Comment

I have a few quick Video's i can try and up load if you guys are interested.
            By the way, my user name - I love Fast American Classic cars.

Comment

Videos sound great. Post em!

I like fast cars too and am guessing I'm not the only one here.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard Thirsty

Comment

Welcome. Spent time wandering around SE Australia years ago, and have fond memories of Melbourne.

Comment

Very belated welcome Thirsty ! Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Thirsty! Pork butts are my favorite and I'm cooking them for others on request after I give them a taste. I always cook 2 (about 8 to 9 lb each) per cook on my large BGE.
                        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; March 25, 2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Welcome Thirsty. Reading your intro makes me want to grab the 8 pound butt I have in the freezer and fire up my WSM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Apologies for the delay in reply.
                            Smoking another pork but Saturday but the butcher took the bone out!!
                            Also throwing on 2 racks of ribs.
                            About to surf this site and read about the best way of cooking ribs.
                            Have a great Easter All

Comment

Hi Thirsty,
                              Great to see a fellow aussie here - if you're after the best ribs you've found the right place. G'day mate...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here