Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Italy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Italy...

Hello all,
    I'm a new member but have been lurking.
    I live in Anzio, 60 km south of Rome, Nerone born place, on the sea and I love to BBQ.
    I’m an "young" 63 yo men and I am here to learn as much it will be possible with your help.
    AmazingRibs and you all are my reference!
    BBQ and beer..what else?
    Cheers,
    marco

Hello Marco! Welcome! I have had the great pleasure of spending two weks in Italia and love the place. American may be the kings of the grill, but nobody takes a back seat to Italians when it comes to good eating. I officially name you our Ambassador. Teach them how to grill and smoke!

Comment

welcome and thanks for the support

Comment

Welcome, Marco. My wife is from Milan, and I've also spent some time in your beautiful country. Sometimes I dream of bringing barbecue there, but it looks like you're well on your way. What do you like to cook?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150201_134200.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	69119 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150201_134922.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	69120

Name:	20150201_140248.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	69121 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140803_113102.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	69122 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140803_123515.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	69123 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	69124

Some previous works , sometimes I cry!! :-)
          I want to thank you all!!
          Cheers

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Fine looking ribs there sir! And the others too of course, but I get a big smile when I see good looking ribs.

Nicely done, sir. Are the pictures in the middle porchetta?
          Last edited by jmott7; March 8, 2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Yes Jordan, it is..and was delicious! Click image for larger version

Name:	20140803_140814.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	69283

Name:	20140731_150727.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	69284
            Cheers...tks!!

Comment

Beautiful. I did one once, with Meathead's help. You've got me thinking it's time for another. I wrapped a belly around a loin. Looks like you've got several pieces of belly here and maybe a tenderloin? What was your process?
              Last edited by jmott7; March 8, 2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Welcome therokes! We're glad you're here. Those are some impressive cooks. I was in Italy last October (Rome and Florence). We had a blast!

Comment

Welcome. Beautiful looking food.

Comment

Bellisimo!!

Comment

Welcome aboard therokes

Comment

Is there a Porchetta recipe floating around here somewhere? also, i thought you we're supposed to cut the belly in a crosshatch pattern...

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know Meathead has dabbled in the porchetta world but I do not believe he has a recipe posted for one quite yet. he discusses it some in his 'Goin' Whole Hog' article: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...ent-1404697509. Mostly in the tan sidebar, maybe halfway down, and the comment section at the bottom of the page.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here