Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Andy in MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Andy in MA

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I'm in my late 50s (let's leave it at that), married for 35 years to a wonderful woman, have three kids, am a disabled and retired vet, and recently retired from 25 years of high school teaching. I grew up in & around Kansas City, so I've always loved good BBQ. Life (and the military) took me all over, but I've made my home in the Boston area since the 90s. Now that I'm retired, I've decided to get serious about grilling, so of course I had to come to the best resource on the 'net. I'm looking forward to a lot of good eatin'.

Welcome and thanks for your services, serving our country and teaching.

Looks like you got a gasser/charcoal combo....

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I needed a new grill, and decided I'd get one that's a combination gas & charcoal. I've always used charcoal, but I decided I'd try using gas since a lot of our meal decisions happen at the last minute. I'm liking the ability to slow-cook without having to keep monitoring the charcoal.

Andy, welcome to The Pit! I'm prior USAF myself (separated after 9 years). Please take a moment to read my Welcome letter and Tips topics located here. Tip #1 will help you with filling out that Signature!

You're gonna like it here

Comment

Hello, Andy! Thank you for your service! Like Pit Boss, I spent 8 years in the USAF. Glad to have you here! Looking forward to sharing a virtual beer with ya!

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        And thank YOU for YOUR service. I see that you flew C130s; I spent many hours in the back of them.

I'll definitely tip that virtual beer with you.

• fredcanfly
        fredcanfly commented
        Editing a comment
        That was Pit Boss that was a navigator for C-130s. I, like you, hung out in the back.

Hi Andy Welcome!

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Jon. How are things in Michigan?

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Things in the mitten are awesome these days, cool nights and warm days so not mid August.

Welcome Andy!

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Scott!

Welcome aboard Andy!

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Aaron!

Welcome Andy! Thank you sir for your service to our country!

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Is that homebrew in your pic?

• BBQLipscken
        BBQLipscken commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Sir it is! That is a Chocolate Milk Stout I made about 2 months ago and still finishing up. My next batch will be a Pumpkin Ale which I will start next weekend likely so it is done by October.

Welcome Andy!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here