Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member in North Carolina

I've actually been a member since last year, but only now have had a chance to say "hey".

I've been grilling many years, but have only been really enjoying the experience since moving to NC and being able to grill almost year round.

We moved to NC just over 10 years ago from the DC area and have never looked back.

About a year ago a friend of the family gave us an inexpensive smoker that had been laying around that they had only used one time. I found a few online line sites to help, the best, of course, being this one, and began my "smoking" journey.

I pretty quickly realized that the, albeit free, the smoker I had wasn't up to task, mostly because I couldn't control the temperature very well, had to add charcoal too often and was basically making a mess of the food. However I was able to come up with a few meals that proved our initial efforts could bear fruit.

Then I found out about the UDS phenom and located a design that I thought I could accomplish. Thus, Iron Man was born. I am very pleased with the results and am looking forward to trying many new recipes on my home grown smoker and relying on the community here to make me a better smoker, thanks!
    Last edited by alf; March 6, 2015, 03:12 PM.

Barrel cooking is da bomb!!!

Thanks for the support!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit alf.

Comment

Welcome Mr. Shumway

Comment

Welcome and nice to finally meet you.

Comment

Nice rig alf! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome alf! Nice lookin UDS! We're glad you're here.​

Comment

Welcome aboard alf! Thanks for the support. Look forward to more pics of Iron Man!

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard alf

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here