Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from VA

I am a BBQ enthusiast that loves to cook and still has lots to learn. Been a student of the AR community for a while now, I bought a Slow n' Sear 1.0 on the advice of the great review here and it hasn't left my kettle since. What a versatile contraption!

I've done my share of ribs, steaks, spatchcocked chickens and turkey parts (thanks again, Meathead!) both on the grill and in the oven and hope to visit the world of large hunks of beef very soon. I have a 9 lb packer staring at me from the freezer - it scares the pants off of me but the time has come to face the music. I've also confined my cooking of veggies to indoors, but perhaps that will evolve as I learn enough to stop everything from falling through the grates.

Looking forward to learning more and contributing what I can. Cheers, everybody!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado. Show that hunk of beef who's boss. Just take it slow. You go this.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from California.
            My first brisket sat in the freezer for a couple of months because I was intimidated. Finaly said what the heck. Followed Meatheads instructions and it was the best I had ever cooked, (of course it was the 1st!) I have cook about 6 of them now and they just get better.
            Step off the edge and fall in.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              I'm lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Yup, move the veggies outdoors, you’ll never regret it. Do it ASAP! Shorter cook time than meat
                but, delicious. Start simple, olive oil & salt. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Farmville VA...

Comment

Welcome and enjoy. Don't forget to post pics of your food and cookers.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! We’d love to see that first brisket cook—just have fun, it’s bbq— it’ll be great!
                          Last edited by Texas Larry; May 27, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! from another Virginian. Where abouts are you? We do a Va, Md, DC meatup once or twice a year. Always looking for a new face. Mudkat

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here