Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! Canโ€™t help with that particular cooker but you will find a wealth of information here.

Comment

Dude! I love WSM's! I've cooked hundreds of times on my 22.5.

I did no mod's to my WSM's. Just don't think they are necessary. I bought some gasket kits and a lid hinge and a stainless door, but never found it worth the effort to install them. The WSM doesn't need an absolute sealed system to work perfectly.

Here's what I would recommend for gear:

1. Remote Thermometer, like the Maverick (or whatever they are recommending on AR now. I don't use them much on my current rigs).
        2. A Weber charcoal Chimney and the little paraffin cubes. Work great.
        3. Some wood chunks. I used Western mostly. They are easy to find at Academy, etc., and work great. Get some apply, Oak, Hickory, Cherry. Try different ones.
        4. I used Kingsford Blue Bag. Worked great. Tried lump and it was just too inconsistent in a WSM.
        5. Some good spatula's
        6. A pair of $10 welding gloves from Lowes. Lincoln work super great.

Then, read up on AR and post some of your cooks here in thePit.

Maybe you can search and find some of my posts on my WSM setup. I tried a bunch and found the Snake charcoal setup was my jam!

Have fun and post those cooks!

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

Get lots of meat, lots! Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here