Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Cajun who has everything but dumbfounded on bbq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cajun who has everything but dumbfounded on bbq

I admit, I mastered Gumbo, jambalaya, everything cajun, BBQ is way over my head. I have a Large Green Egg. I have all the attments , but seeking recipes and guidance from more exprerience . I will be all questions and a sponge for your advice. I have my own cajun spice recipes, but I need to expand, thank you in advance,
    Your fellow griller, smoker and rubber..lol
    Lance

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up! I am a BGE man myself.(a few times over) Make sure to check out this thread on Taming the Savage Kamado. There is a ton of great info on every thing Kamado.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
    • Finally, we would LOVE to hear from you! Please check out our Pit Cast. You can have a chat with Greg Rempe, from the BBQ Central Show! Not too worry, he makes things easy! This is a great way for our community to meet our new members on a more personal level! Check out all the Pit Casts here!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Lance ... you’re in good company here ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from La Crosse Wi. You will enjoy it here. I look forward to seeing your Louisiana cooks, I have yet to try that, I am sure you will inspire that!

Comment

Welcome Lance from SW Washington!

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!
                Lay some a yer Cajun whoopass all up on us, that we may all benefit from it...

Comment

I am with Mr. Bones ! BBQ is not really that tough and you are in the right place to learn. I am eager to see something on your jambalaya, and your taso.

I'll share a tip with you right now, although it is not BBQ specific:

The banner on the top of the screen has a tab on it called "Recent Post". Click on that and you will see what everyone is discussing, in the time frame you select. I usually select the last 24 hrs.

I'll share one more: you will need a good instant read digital thermometer and I would say you will need something to tell you what your cooker temperature is. This should not be a temperature gauge on your cooker as they are mostly inaccurate.

Welcome to the Pit from Southern California!
                  Last edited by lostclusters; May 23, 2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Man if you got all that, this will be easy. Love me some LA food. Welcome from TN.

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson! Man, have you come to the right place, just ask away, someone will answer very soon.

Comment

Hell...I'm hoping you can teach me something about Jambalaya!

Welcome!

Comment

Originally from Gonzales,La. I understand. Just give it time, if you can cook a jambalaya from scratch, you will be able to figure out a brisket!

Comment

Hi Lance, you have come to the right place. I just joined and really enjoy the chats and learned a bunch already.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Lance.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here