Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groetjes uit Vlaanderen (Greetings from Flanders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groetjes uit Vlaanderen (Greetings from Flanders)

Hi Folk’s
    It’s time to finally introduce myself. I’m Ulrich Verstraete, have rounded the age of 40 a while ago. I live with my wife and two sons’ in a small town 25 km north of Brussels (Belgium).

I have a little garden with supply’s me with most of the green, red and white stuff needed on the tables (also known as vegetables and fruit). I like to cook outdoor, although the weather doesn’t always come along. I really can enjoy great tasty food. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but the sight, smell and taste of a fine dish, prepared with love and honest ingredients sure makes me happy. Although you could say that I am an all-round Burgundy, I have a special attraction to the traditional Italian cuisine.

As for BBQ: I admit that before 10 years ago, BBQ equals grilling off hamburgers and sausages on a cheap grill from a garden center. Chicken was or burnet or raw or both at the same time. 10 years ago I drove through my town and a BBQ and grill center has opened from someone from the team of BBQ world champion 2003. My wife and I entered the shop (It was in April, I still know because it was 6 weeks before my Anniversary) and I left the shop with a charcoal Outdoorchef (something like a Weber Kettle) and the subscription for a workshop. That’s where it all came together, I saw the possibility off making the same fine food that I made indoor is also possible outdoor. A new world opened. Last year I visited a BBQ competition and discovered the American treasures off chicken wings, pulled pork, low and slow smoked ribs and some brisket, Although the last one was a bit off a disappointment, dry and with a very spicy sauce. A month before my wife gave me a self-made (by a friend off her) offset smoker (copy off the small version of an Oklahoma Joe) and a workshop how to start with such a device. So, as you can imagine, I’m excited what it will be in 10 years, a workshop I know, but wich rig ?

This fall I discovered AmazingRibs and as an engineer I really liked the information and is has improved already my cooking (outdoor as well as indoor).

That’s all for now. I will be around, but I know that I’m not a massive poster on forums.

Welcome aboard. Plenty of great information to be found in these forums.

Comment

Welcome, we can all learn new stuff if we don't think we know it all already. That experience you had on the brisket sounds like an bad one but done right brisket is hard to beat. I like it with no sauce but it's own drippings. Try to make it yourself after you learn your stick burner and you will be glad you did.

Comment

Hello Ulrich. Welcome.

Comment

Belated welcome Ulrich_Verstraete ! Glad to have you here, nice meeting people from all over this planet who share a common interest.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hoi Ulrich, welkom! Dit is toch een leuke bezigheid en er zijn veel meer KCBS wedstrijden dit jaar!

Maybe see you at a competition?
            Richard

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here