Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justify My Number of Cookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justify My Number of Cookers

Okay, I’ve a Weber Genesis 3 burner (lateral) from circa 2005 and a 2018 GMG Daniel Boone smoker.
    What else do I need?
    If I need something else, how do I justify it to the missus???
    Thanks for any advice/help!!!

That’s it! LMAO!!!! Amateur!!! (Just kidding)

Seriously though... I would say charcoal grill/smoker (wsm, PBC, kettle with sns...) or stick burning smoker...

Justification... well good luck. Maybe something along the lines of but all the other guys have at least 5 cookers...

Comment

A 22 and 26 weber kettle. You need the 26 so when you want to cook in a kettle and it won't fit in the 22

PBC- cause hanging meat is cooler than the other side of the pillow

Pellet Smoker that will hold six briskets. Cheaper than an Ole Hickory yet still get some zzzzz's whilst one smoketh

Vertical Gas smoker- cause you smoke sausage, that's why

New Weber Genesis II S-335- new stainless always looks better

Biggest offset smoker you take out a 6 year loan on- cause everything is starting to get bigger in Washington State

Comment

• ILikePigButts
        ILikePigButts commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got the new Weber Genesis S-335 last week and love it

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        And a Ranch Kettle for when stuff doesn't fit into the 26.

Definitely need a charcoal smoker, get a kettle 😁

Comment

You're doing your best to feed your Family and Friends and you need more equipment to do it more efficiently and do it better and somehow you feel you should justify all of that? I just don't understand. I'm confused!

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          And dazed! 🕶

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          "...for so long it's not true. Wanted a new cooker but need to learn how to chew."

A Weber for the great charcoal flavor.

Comment

Reckon I'd only serve as a bad example, along th lines of: "Welll, sheesh, yeah, Honey, I do have like, twenty-five cookers, true enough, but at least I ain't like Mr. Bones..."

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried that out, Mr. Bones. It didn't work as well as I thought it would. Well, actually, it didn't work at all.

I always justify it with, "Well you eat and like what I cook."

Comment

If you are thinking stick burner, you first should see if you can secure the wood for it here in WA. An offset could use charcoal for the heat and wood for the smoke. Wish I thought of that before I returned my vertical gas smoker back to gas by removing the side wood firebox I installed.

Comment

• JoeSousa
              JoeSousa commented
              Editing a comment
              JimLinebarger Every few months I get an itch to get an offset but then remember proper wood might be hard to come by around here. I would assume there would be places in Greenbluff where you could get some apple or peach from trees they cut down but oak or hickory would be tough to source.

PNWGreg i’ve still got a 2002 Weber Genesis 2 burner, and only replaced it with a new Genesis II 4 burner because I stumbled on a good clearance sale in January. With your tools, I think a Weber kettle would be what I would add, to give you the ability to grill with charcoal, or smoke with charcoal and wood chunks. The kettle is really versatile, and has so many accessories available. There really is a taste difference compared to either gas or pellets. And it takes up a lot less space than a stick burner, and is more fuel efficient to boot. I rarely use my offset anymore, and smoke on the kettle most of the time.

Comment

Being an outdoor chef/cook, think of it in terms as if you were a carpenter. No carpenter would have just one saw. He would be severely restricted in what he could or want to accomplish & as you know no good carpenter would have just two saws. I am not going to describe all the different cuts needed for roughing or finished carpentry & the different saws to accomplished needed cuts. You are or will soon be a grilling/smoking craftsman with an clientele (at least the fam) who will be clamoring for your wares. There is no justification for a craftsman. Ramble on my friend. 🕶

Comment

Don’t forget the outdoor propane Griddle. How else can you make breakfast for the whole family without dirtying any pans. And have you ever had a smash burger?

🤘🏼

Comment

Weber kettle w/SnS. Maybe some GG's for the gas-passer.

Comment

Mr. Bones has enough cookers to declare to your wife you are living in poverty. You might try that in the Pit you’re not keeping up with the Boneses.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
                      JimLinebarger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't care who you are, tha's funny right thar!

Weber kettle/sns combo. And just tell her "honey, I am the man of the house, and I wanted it, so I got it". Then duck. And run. Fast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here