Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Over After the CA Wildfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the number of neighbors you mention, I'm guessing the Carr fire near Redding - is that correct? In any case, sorry for your loss and glad you are movin forward!
    That KamodoJoe almost looks salvageable; is there any hope for it? If not, maybe a nice ceramic flower pot or something?
    Best of luck with the new cookers!

Comment

So glad to hear about your recovery. I know may people who were affected by those fires. I was close...we were one block outside the evacuation zone in the SoCal fires that fall. Every night we sat outside watching the fire as it crept along the foothills near our home. It was extra stressful because we just moved into the house (new construction) in July 2017. Thankful they never made it to us.

Many prayers have been lifted for family and friends who did have their homes damaged or destroyed by the fire. Adding you to the list, as I know the recovery is many years in the making! What you’ve gone through is something that hits a personal nerve, yet is something I can’t begin to understand.

As for cookers to restore...the only thing I’d add would would be a 36” griddle.

If I found myself in the same place - and had a little insurance money to spend outside- I’d replace the Blaze charcoal grill in my bbq island (though depending on the size of the check it might be a Pitmaker GrillMeister 48 in its place), a KBQ for smoking (to replace the offset stickburner), and a Blackstone 36” griddle. Those three things would cover all my cooking needs.

Blessings on in your continued recovery!

Comment

That was a strong pictures garpete !
        Good luck with that welcomming cook.. A Grand thing to do.

Comment

Well, first - my condolences. Second, I'm glad to see you bouncing back with chutzpah.

Comment

Wow that picture says it all .

Comment

Hats off to you you and your family for starting to rebuild after that wildfire. I have a Weber Summit gas passer that, while pricey, has been very beneficial for large cooks for parties. I hope whatever you get brings smiles to the faces of the neighbors there as well as yourself.

Keep us posted on the block party if/when it happens. Good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here