Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for allowing the introduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for allowing the introduction!

Just registered today! Found this site while searching for a new smoker. Would LOVE others feedback for me selection choice going forward. I have a MasterBuilt 40" electric smoker with side smoker as an add on. Ready to replace the entire thing as the touch pad is not weather proof! HUH???? They sent me a replacement and clearly stated....."This unit is not designed to be out in the elements." I asked why they provide a nylon cover.....no response. Classic!

I am happy with the smoker as it's easy, so here is what I am looking for in my new back yard patio:

1. Simple
    2. Doesn't require lots of attention while smoking
    3. Large capacity
    4. Fuel doesn't matter but considering a pellet device
    5. Durable
    6. Looking for more of a vertical design instead of horizontal unless convinced otherwise - that's why this is last
    7. Cost - I don't mind spending for quality but am not going to be stupid either

I just built an outdoor kitchen for my pizza oven so I have space for this.

Thank you kindly.

Welcome from Colorado. You mention "large capacity". Can you give a more specific example of what you're thinking?

Comment

This should cover most of the items on your list.

I post this in an attempt to help our newbies (to which I once was a short time ago) not feel so overwhelmed on the topic of selecting a cooker that is right for them. There are a lot of “looking for advice on a cooker” posts from newbies and seasoned vets looking to expand their arsenal. Obviously, the choices and opinions

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! A grill with parts that are not weather proof? Sounds strange.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from TN. +1 on Rod suggestion on the Weber combo. I am sure you will get so many recommendations that your head will start to spin - or explode

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! Not sure what you're leaning toward or your upper and lower cost limits. Lots of good Pellet Grills in a fair price range.

Comment

You mentioned simple, durable, vertical space and pellets. As much as I love my MAK, if in your shoes and based on your criteria, this one would have my full attention.
              The Pellet Pro® 2300 Vertical Double Wall Cabinet Pellet Smoker with Free Cover and Convection Fan - Smoke Daddy Inc. - BBQ Pellet Smokers, Cold Smokers, and Pellet Grill Parts & Accessories

Comment

Sounds like you ran into a SNAFU with yer smoker. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

i recently upgraded from a masterbuilt electric smoker to the pit barrel cooker mostly because of the masterbuilt not being weather friendly. The pit barrel cooker is fantastic. it does take a little bit of a leap of faith to just light it and "let it do its thing" and not worry about watching the temperature of the smoker itself but i cant argue with the results i have gotten out of it. I have done everything from cold smoke cheese (using pellets in a tube) , pulled pork, chicken, turkey, pastrami, etc.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Sam6687 suggestion sounds like a good or a Weber Smokey Mountain. I cooked on a cheap bullet smoker for years with great success, but It required adding fuel on 8 hour plus cooks. Currently I cook on a Big Green Egg which can take 12 cooks unattended, but that might be out of your budget.

Comment

Welcome from Western Mass. Suggestions are incoming from the Pit. Good luck with your search and purchase.

Comment

Have you checked out the reviews on the free part of the site yet? A wealth of info there.

Welcome from Central Florida!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas !! You'll find your way here !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here