Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first post, first cook off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first post, first cook off

Hi. My name is Raymond, I live in Bossier City. LA. I have been a member for two years .

Just a few words about our adventures this weekend. My wife and I went to the Germanfest in Muenster, TX. Besides lots of beer and sausage there was a BBQ cook off sanctioned by the Lone Star Barbecue Society. As we were walking around looking at the different rigs I was asked if I was a judge. I said I was not, and the lady asked if I wanted to be. Trying to keep my enthusiasm down I said YES!

Long story short, I got to judge brisket. There were 17 entries. All I might add were delicious. I had no idea what to expect. After reading the judging criteria i figured i would use how my brisket tastes and judge accordingly. To say the least i need to step up my game on brisket.

I had a great time talking to the pit masters and checking out their rigs. This has made me even more determined to step up my game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Germanfest.png
Views:	129
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	671602

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado, Raymond ... or at least to posting in the pit ...

Comment

• rgburchett
      rgburchett commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you

Welcome from Winnipeg ! Sounds like you had a good time .

Comment

• rgburchett
      rgburchett commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you. we defiantly did

welcome to the pit from almost heaven West Virginia.

Comment

• rgburchett
      rgburchett commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

• rgburchett
      rgburchett commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you

Welcome to the posting side of the Pit. Glad you had that experience. If I got to judge so many different briskets it would definitely broaden my understanding of brisket preparation.

Comment

A belated welcome to the Pit from Dallas, TX! It sounds like you had fun!

Comment

So this is what it takes. We’ll be expecting a lot more out of ya now. Welcome, eat good & have fun! 🕶

Comment

I'd welcome you to the Republic of Texas, but you've already been here !!! Great weekend for that festival, wish I could have made that one myself !!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Good to hear from ya, hope yer gonna be more visible, now, as we all work to step up our games, together...

What a Festival, German food, German biers, an to top it all off: A BBQ Contest! Wowzers!

Now, th icin on th cake is gittin chosen to be a judge! Havin to sample 17 different, delicious brisket sounds like a purty good time!

Comment

Howdy Raymond, from The Great State of Jefferson! Sounds you had a great time.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Wilson County, Texas! Sounds like quite a serendipitous (is that a word?) day!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Raymond. Congrats on your judgeship.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Must have been to try all the food.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here