Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from CT

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helps make this site what it is. I have loved grilling for a while and got into smoking last year (propane grill conversion set up as I'd call it) at weekend picnics. My first "real" smoker (though still gas for cost and ease) showed up today and I have meat coming. Starting with Pastrami ("Almost Katz's), a couple briskets with my old recipe and one from here and trying some SLC Ribs with the "Last Ribs" recipe. I joined because this site has helped tremendously and I am looking forward to stepping my game up for the picnics this year.

-Trunks

"Nah, just some crazy plan for a gas-powered toaster oven."

Welcome, Trunks. What part of CT are you in? I was born and raised in CT but moved away about 40 years ago. In the deepest recesses of my mind it is still "home" though.

DEW

Comment

Thank you! Shoreline. Family arrived to New Haven in 1636. Dairy farm roots. Don't think I could every move permanently.

-Trunks

"Nah, just some crazy plan for a gas-powered toaster oven."

Comment

My family were dairy farmers in Weston. Our roots also go back to Colonial times. I was born and raised in Danbury. My dad had a small dairy farm in Redding until just after I was born. I moved to "The Big City" for school and then work and recently moved to the hills of Pa for love. But I hear you.

Comment

Dew, my great grandparents had a dairy farm in Bridgewater, CT. I grew up in New Milford.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Small world, W.A.

Welcome Trunks. Pull up a chair, grab a brew and enjoy some 'Cue

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Trunks! Look forward to interacting with you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos, including how best to set up your signature.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Yo Trunks. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here