Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to AmizingRibs membersip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to AmizingRibs membersip

Greetings from Oklahoma! I am a long time BBQ lover that enjoys cooking for others. I started on a Brinkman Bullet, then to an Oklahoma Joe's offset, and currently have a BBG XL. Now I'm looking to venture into the Pelllet world.
    I'm looking at the Smokin' Brothers Premier 30 or 36. Yesterday I stumbled across the Smoke-N-Hot Outdoor Cooking Center. There isn't much out there so does anyone have input on this grill/smoker? It really looks cool and intriguing. Thanks and Peace! Got the SMOKIN-N-HOT OCC!!! Groovy unit.

Oh, did I mention I run Michelob Ultra thru my Kegerator?
    Last edited by TeeTown4OU; April 30, 2019, 07:52 PM.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Glad yer here, to learn along with me!

There's lots of pellet cooker folks here, that can help ya make an informed decision...

Comment

• TeeTown4OU
      TeeTown4OU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Bones. I still have the XL Egg. Just wanted to grow another style.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool beans, Amigo!
      Always good to learn new tricks, techniques, etc.
      TeeTown4OU
      Enjoy th new trail, an help me learn along with ya!

Congrats on yer new Smokin-N-Hot OCC, lookin forward to cooker, an food pics, Brother!

Happy Trails, Neighbour!

Welcome to the Pit! I started out smoking Boston Butts on a Brinkman Bullet Smoker, too. I now do almost all my low and slow on a Large Big Green Egg, although I sometimes do low and slow On my son’s 26” Weber Kettle.

Comment

• TeeTown4OU
      TeeTown4OU commented
      Editing a comment
      Loved the bullet. smoked cheeses while it got going. Best ever. Still have the Egg but wanted to try another method. The Smokin-N-Hot looks like it will be fun. I'll post after my 1st cook.

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

• TeeTown4OU
      TeeTown4OU commented
      Editing a comment
      Donka, Dude! Back at you from Sooner Country..

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I can't offer any advice.

Comment

• TeeTown4OU
      TeeTown4OU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Ron. No probs. I pulled the trigger after going to McKinney, Tx to see it for myself. Had a great visit with the engineer who helped design it.

No advice, but welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! PBC and Weber kettle for me! pbc, pbc, pbc……………..

Comment

Well, you have thee most important quality a member can have, ya like cookin for others. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! That Smoke-N-Hot Outdoor Cooking Center looks interesting from the promo material, but haven’t even any independent reviews. I imagine someone here will have an opinion on it.

Comment

That particular cooker looks interesting. Shaped like a pizza oven, but running pellets. That said, I would view the "1600 degree searing option" with a grain of salt. It still has a fire pot like every other pellet cooker out there, which means the fire is only maybe 3 inches in diameter. Not a huge area for searing, unless you add Grillgrates or something to spread the heat. What I don't like is the lack of overall information on their site. For example:

- What is the temperature range of the controller? That is on about every pellet smoker spec sheet I've ever seen.
            - Does it have any sort of "extra smoke" option? Many do at lower temperatures.
            - Is it a PID controller?
            - Is there a pellet hopper clean out, in case you want to change pellet types?
            - What are the actual dimensions of the cooking grates? That is a surprising piece of data to be missing.
            - It has a 4 cooking shelf capacity. How many does it actually come with?

Basically, their web page is very slick with nice pictures, but lacks in some useful data.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris, I agree it is a slick looking page, and a pretty appliance. Are you still kicking around getting a pelleteer? I have pretty much decided I want a Grilla Chimp, just got to convince the better half.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              klflowers I would love to add a pellet cooker, but for now, too many other bills are demanding my money. I got a Party Q for the kettle for Christmas, and with the right charcoal, its now set and forget for 12 hours or so. I don't foresee any more grill purchases here in the next year or two.

• TeeTown4OU
              TeeTown4OU commented
              Editing a comment
              180-600ish. I didn't see the 1600 searing, probably a typo. I have a Blaze Pro 34 grill the goes from 700-1200 searing. I turn it down a bit. shelves, No extra smoker but I haven't actually cooked yet. Then I will see if I need a smoke tube. No pellet clean out but easy to empty 23 lb hopper. 4 grates with 1 & 2 full size, 3 & 4 smaller due to the dome. I will cook next week. More info then.

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up! i hope you are holding on to that XXL BGE!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
                • Finally, we would LOVE to hear from you! Please check out our Pit Cast. You can have a chat with Greg Rempe, from the BBQ Central Show! Not too worry, he makes things easy! This is a great way for our community to meet our new members on a more personal level! Check out all the Pit Casts here!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

• TeeTown4OU
                  TeeTown4OU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Spinaker.

Welcome to The Pit! I am sure you will find it a valuable source of information. I know I have.

Comment

Welcome from Western Mass.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here