Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! That breakfast looks good to me this morning!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

The Republic of Texas welcomes you

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Illinois

Comment

Peameal is the SHIT. And definitely Yankees don't know what they're missing. "Canadian bacon" is ham. Actual Canadian (peameal) bacon is cured pork back. And I have found actually that peameal is somewhat regional, even in Canada. I grew up in Ontario (and actually worked at the restaurant that served more peameal than anywhere else in the country), but I've been in Alberta for about 10 years, and while peameal isn't unheard of, it's far less common than back east. Which is too bad because it is absolutely amazing. My first job was at a butcher shop and we'd sell it not only sliced (as it is usually) but also in big chunks...the loins would come whole, about 3-4 pounds each, and we'd slice them into 3 good sized pieces and sell them that way too. You haven't lived until you've cooked up a single pound and a half chunk of peameal, low and slow over an open flame while camping, over several hours, then hacked it up and eaten it over beers with your pals. Spectacular.

Comment

• robertdfarrell99
                  robertdfarrell99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, peameal rules in my opinion too. - I usually slice it up and fry it, but I've heard people cooking a whole chunk low&slow. I get full loins from my local Costco, which is now selling pork bellies too. Made some regular bacon with that... smoked with fresh maple syrup - How Canadian is that?

Welcome to The Pit! Ontario is a big place. Not sure what part you are from, but my wife has family in Sault Ste Marie.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

That takes me back! I haven't had any Peameal bacon in years. You're inspiring me!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here