Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from La Crosse wi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Great lookin foods ya got there, an nicely photographed, as well!

Nice job, an a great intro!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, looking forward to a lot of reading and inspiration from everyone. Thank you for the kind words.

Welcome to The Pit. It looks like you are off to a great start. Ya might want to add pulled chuck roast to your list of things to cook. They cook like a butt, but normally have to go a bit higher in temp to reach probe tender. And you want to use a beef rub too.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I seriously just pulled out a 3 lb Chuck to do a low and slow on for Sunday. I am looking forward to it. I have made a few of them in the oven and in cast iron, but, this will be my first on my kettle. Agreed on these need a bit more then pork to get that gelatin feel, or so from my experience. I really only have that one pork butt to compare too though, from a pork stand point. Thank you. .

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from East Troy, WI! My brother lives in your neck of the woods and I went to UW- La Crosse. God's Country!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, and Prosit

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI. Can you please give me the details of your cooker?

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that fine cooking machine you got there. You are riding a rocket ship of a cooker so hang on to your wallet.

Since everyone is posting where they lived/live near you I feel it my duty to inform you that I am nowhere near you and have never been.

I was gonna ask for a bite of that steak but after Troutman gets to it just forgetaboutit.

if RonB had his way he would put a chuckie on top of his Xmas tree. You want to eat at Rons house.

Well you already have a beer so apparently you have already got this nailed.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      The beer came first, lol This is conveniently just a way to drink more of them, and, well, then I might as well try to make it taste good too, that is if I want to drink beer all day and call it making dinner. Always room for one more at the table.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey - I resemble that remark.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like steak ..... and beer 🍺

Welcome to the Pit
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Prosit

Welcome to the Pit! I see a temp measuring device in one of those pictures, someone got you off to a good start!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, My very first thought when I thought low and slow, was, I can only manage a cook if I can measure a cook. I first bought a thermo pop in Feb, loved it, used it a few times on the cooker on some easy projects. but, when I decided on the pork shoulder, I quickly ordered a Thermo works smoke. already thinking I need an upgrade, I see this becoming addicting in "what could I" all pull off in a day if I can measure it.

Welcome to the pit from Eau Claire Wisconsin.
    enjoy

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Nice part of Wisconsin you call home.

Looks pretty darn good!. Welcome from The Sunshine State...where it's a little cloudy today.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! cloudy and 30's here. Have a good day.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Greetings from SA
    As mentioned looks like you're a ringer already.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky so far, let's leave it at that, but having fun. and Greetings to you.

Welcome from West TN. Those cooks look good and we hope to see more of them. Looks like you've got it under control. Keep 'em coming.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I look forward to the inspiration and knowledge here.

Good looking cooks! Welcome to The Pit from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, happy to be in The Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here