Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from frigid Iowa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from frigid Iowa!

Matt here sending warm thoughts from a cold place. Even in this weather I never completely stop grilling and smoking. I'm an engineer by day and a home cook in my free time. Meathead's masterful website quickly became one of my favorites when I ran into it years ago. His exploration of the scientific principles underlying the cooking process has earned him my undying respect. For those same reasons I'm also a big fan of the Cooks Illustrated family of products.

My cooking interests tend to be driven by what contests I plan to enter at the next state fair, and that can cover everything from ice cream to quick breads to ribs. I also entered a KCBS contest a few years ago and finished middle of the pack (but got a call for my ribs). I may try to do another KCBS contest this year but haven't made any decisions yet. I've also gotten into charcuterie since taking a class last fall, but I'm definitely still a novice at that craft.

I'm looking forward to learning more about cooking and sharing some great ideas with everyone.

Welcome, sounds like you have a lot to share. I drove to a wedding in Le Claire years ago, man there is a whole lot of nothing out that way.

Comment

• MattTheGR8
      MattTheGR8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, we don't have as many people as some states; but there are acres of crops and millions of pigs (which are just pork chops on the hoof - delicious).

Matt, welcome to the Pit. Hope to hear more from you and thanks for the support.

Comment

Hey Matt, Welcome. Nice line up of cookers ya got there.

Comment

Welcome Matt! We're glad you're here. Jon's right, you got a lot of nice cookers.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. For the record, in spite of the long list of cookers, I mostly end up using the Party for smoking and the Performer for grilling. The WSM is a recent acquisition so I'm hopeful that I can start using it once the weather warms up.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Welcome to The Pit from Huskerland. Looking forward to your contributions!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here