Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from New Port Richey, FL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from New Port Richey, FL.

Hi all!! I'm as green as they come for a bbq'r. I'm here to learn all I can.

Welcome from Colorado ... you’ve come to the right place fer’ sure.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

...and I can't even get my avatar pic straight lolol

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You are in the right place to learn. Please tell us what you are cooking on and what you would like to cook so we can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. Here's my story. Lived in apartrments most of my life in NY, which means can't have a smoker, but I love BBQ. Moved to FL 11 years ago, more apts, still no smoker. Bought myself a house for my 51st birthday back in Nov. NOW I can finally have a smoker!! I bought a Camp Chef smoke pro DLX. I've run the thing on low smoke, high smoke, used smoke tubes with pellets and with wood chips. I'm not getting true bbq off the damn thing. So, I ordered an OKJ Longhorn reverse flow which will be here tomorrow. I may be able to get it assembled before I go to work. I'm very excited though.

Comment

Just what we need, another sideways dude. Well, join the club. I guess you did. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Oh, and a very cool moniker, Johnny Big Time. Has a ring to it, yessir.

Comment

Thanks FireMan! The guys at work started calling me that. I'm gonna stick with it lolol.

Comment

Thanks CN!!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Glad yer here, to learn along with me!

I gots an OKJ Highland, might be able to offer some help, when ya git down to cookin on it.

(My avatar pic was sideways fer, mebbe, 2-3 months... )

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
                        Johnny Big Time commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hopefully one of the mods will flip my pic for me soon lol

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mine had gasket material on th firebox lid sealin perimeter, when I bought it, but it has largely long since burnt off...

Doesn't seem to make any difference, in my estimation...

Seams are caulked with Red RTV, but I haven't bothered doin any kinda 'insulatin', per se...

Reckon yer gonna find stickburnin to be fun, an flavouful...

• Johnny Big Time
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm gonna see how the thing runs with no mods first, then go from there.

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! Love the username and the intro! We are all green at everything at some point, BBQ too. I was always great (I thought) at steaks & burgers, so hey BBQ can't be hard. Got a smoker. My first rack of ribs I cooked hot & fast like a long pork chop. My first pulled pork I took to 165 and tried pulling it. Needless to say I learned real quick I was WAY more green at BBQ than I thought I'd be. Before you know it you'll be teaching others though!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you sir!! My email should be in my profile, unless I did something wrong. Oh, and I already f'd up over $100 worth of meat so far lolol. But I gotta say, my ribs are finally on the money now. Just gotta find the right rub for them.

Welcome from Louisiana! Are you related to Johnny Bravo?

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! Not related, but I do have an electric guitar lolol.

Welcome to the Pit
                      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here