Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Mormon Mecca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Louisiana!

Comment

Hey dubob , just wonderin if ya ever heard the song Hamtramck Momma?

Comment

• dubob
        dubob commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not. ???

Huntington Beach welcomes you and the new pellet pooper.

Thank you for your service sir.

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! It is great to have you.

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

OK, I'll fess up. 1) What is a signature block?, 2) Where are they found?, and 3) Do I have one?

I may be dumb, but I am slow.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                You say what some of us want to say but are afraid to.
                Does that make me dumber or slower or just old?

• Willard
                Willard commented
                Editing a comment
                That block up there where it says Willy, Charter Member, etc. I think is your signature block. But heck, I’m wrong most of the time. All of the time if you ask my wife.

• dubob
                dubob commented
                Editing a comment
                You folks is jus' tryin' to make me feel good - ain't cha?

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Arizona’s Valley of the Sun! I spent the better part of two years perusing this site before I forked over the measly $24 and haven’t looked back.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Bienvenido from another fellow veteran. BTW, I understand the LDS Church has outlawed the term "Mormon." Is that correct?

Comment

Spent a lot of time in SLC last year. If you do a keyword search for "Salt Lake" you’ll see some posts and reviews of BBQ restaurants there. It was a great city to visit!

Comment

Originally posted by gcdmd View Post
                        Bienvenido from another fellow veteran. BTW, I understand the LDS Church has outlawed the term "Mormon." Is that correct?
                        Not really. Here is what their Style Guide say about the use of that term:
                        Originally posted by style guide
                        • While the term "Mormon Church" has long been publicly applied to the Church as a nickname, it is not an authorized title, and the Church discourages its use. Thus, please avoid using the abbreviation "LDS" or the nickname "Mormon" as substitutes for the name of the Church, as in "Mormon Church," "LDS Church," or "Church of the Latter-day Saints."
                        • When referring to Church members, the terms "members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" or "Latter-day Saints" are preferred. We ask that the term "Mormons" not be used.
                        • "Mormon" is correctly used in proper names such as the Book of Mormon or when used as an adjective in such historical expressions as "Mormon Trail."
                        So using the term 'Mormon Mecca' doesn't violate any rules. And besides, I'm not a member, so I can use the term regardless.
                        And thank you for your service.

Comment

• gcdmd
                          gcdmd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for the clarification and for your service, as well.

Welcome from an ex-Michigander living in TN. Pretty sure you will like it here and stay forever. Just beware of the dread disease that seems to infect everyone here at AR - it is life - or at least wallet - threatening. MCS (better known as more cooker syndrome, or as my wife calls it, if you buy one more durn grill or smoker or accessory I'ma whup your behind and you will be sleeping on the floor in front of the couch or on the deck next to one of them... you get my drift).

Other than that, this is a pretty fine forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                          OK, I'll fess up. 1) What is a signature block?, 2) Where are they found?, and 3) Do I have one?
                          It's here, Willy. You only will see yours if you created a signature in your "My Settings"/Account/Edit Signature area:

Signature "Block":
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	655386

Creating/Editing your signature:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	655387

Comment

• Willy
                            Willy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, MB.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here