Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Mormon Mecca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Mormon Mecca

Well, here I am. Just bought a Woodwind SG w/Sear Box last month and have been using it 3 to 4 days a week, smokin' & grillin' all manner of meats. Baby backs, brisket, pastrami, chicken, fish, pork and beef steaks of several different cuts, burgers, and last but not least, dogs.

Not my first rodeo by any means. I have a Bradley 4-rack smoker w/ an Auber PID Controller and have owned many, many other gas grills and smokers for at least 40 years. I haven't been heavy into smoking meats other than I've done a ton of smoked fish over the years and lots of pastrami from game animals and birds. Corned them myself and then smoked them. Not to bad either if I'm allowed to brag a little.

I've also joined the Smoking Meats, Pellet Grill, and BBQ Brethren websites and have been a member on the Bradley forums for more than a couple of years. I figured that with the addition of the Woodwind to my equipment stable, I needed to branch out to some more forums for tips & tricks. So here I am for my 30-day free trial. Going beyond that free 30 days will be dependent on just how gentle you are with me.
    Last edited by dubob; March 24, 2019, 12:39 PM.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from The Great State of Jefferson and thank you for your service. I think you will really enjoy your time here and will gladly fork over $24 at the end of yout trial membership.

Comment

I just noticed that my signature block isn't showing up. I created one and the block to show my signature has been checked, but it ain't there. ???

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          It is showing up fine now. Sometimes it just takes a short while for such things to percolate through the servers.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Signature seems to be showing now. Bet you join after your trial. Have fun.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

First, an foremost, allow me to thank ya fer yer Service, Brother! --~~<<(S)>>~~--

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting to know all y'all. I can't see anybody's signature. Strange.

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              Just mouse over the signature symbol and hover ... don't click on it.

Gentle? You want gentle? Well, we are the roughest, toughest bunch of hombres & hombre-ettes this side of the (let’s see, we’ve got members in Asia, Africa, Europe, So. America, & No. America, Australia, ok I’ve got it) the Antarctic Ocean. Ya better watch yerself in these parts. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              HeeHee!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t forget the Cornfied and Mever Neverland.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Glad you are here.

Comment

It took me several minutes to even FIND "the signature symbol. LOL. I've never seen a signature posted on any other website in this fashion. They always appear in the post at the bottom. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
                I don't like it, you understand, but I'll adjust to it.

Just something else to learn.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be fair, leaving the signature the way it is here frees up so much more room for content vs half a page of a pic of your car every time you post Welcome aboard

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I just saw Huskee's signature. That tome would cover a complete page all by itself. LOL. No disrespect intended Huskee.

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's one of the things I like about this forum. On others, those signatures can get pretty annoying to look at when you're just trying to read through a thread.

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My email address is a good one and I'm already getting email notifications for comments to my posts. I'll see what homework assignment I have.

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Homework assignment completed.

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks dubob!

Welcome from southeast Michigan and thank you for your service!

Comment

• Keiferr
                  Keiferr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  dubob, I'm not from Michigan originally but since I've lived in the state for 45 years I guess I've assimilated.

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya think? 👍

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  dubob, it never leaves. I left Detroit many moons ago as a young man, but I am still a proud Detroiter.

Welcome from an Air Force Vet! Don’t listen to that FireMan dude. He will lead you down dark paths 😎. On the other hand you might learn something...I do every day. It’s a judgment free zone here. Thanks, Sarge!

Comment

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for your service and I'll keep a close eye on that FireMan dude.
                  Last edited by dubob; March 25, 2019, 01:23 PM.

Welcome from central MI! Happy to have you here with us, we hope you love it and decide to stick around!

We put the signatures behind the icon so that they don't clutter up the posts. It can get pretty redundant seeing signatures constantly, so this way it's the best of both worlds- see them if you want to- hide them if you don't.

Be sure to check out the 'User Manual' channel for help & tutorials on many different topics to get the best of our forum. Also the Help menu tab, which is visible from any page, will give you any assistance you may need. Of course, you can always ask a live question at any time as well!

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aw geez, now ya got me wonderin what alive question is, is it alive or a live, hmmm. And does that make other questions dead?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here