Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Nelson, New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Nelson, New Zealand

I am just getting hooked on this hobby, along with Charcuterie in general.
    Purchased a Bradley 6 Rack Digital Smoker a couple of months ago.
    Really enjoying the results, although I guess an electric smoker is not quite up to the standard of the equipment some of you pros are using.
    Currently building a cold smoker out of a brand new, working bar fridge. My wife wants smoked cheese!
    Looking forward to researching all the right ways on this site and one day maybe being able to share advice and experience.
    (But I have a long way to go yet...)

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

First, sorry about the latest events in your country. We’re non-political here so no discussion necesssary, just sorry.

Welcome to the Pit !! When you get settled in we’d love to see some recipes with a NZ twist !! Lamb type dish perhaps ??

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Lots of lamb and veal there huh?

Comment

Wow!
            What a welcoming bunch.
            Thank you ComfortablyNumb for the links. I will check them out.
            Troutman – I am non-political also, but thank you.
            HouseHomey – We are not so big on Veal here in NZ, most of it is exported. Big on Beef, Lamb and Pork.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Venison, too, no?

Spent three weeks in Kiwiland last year. It's a place where I could easily live.

Welcome aboard!

PS--we are seriously not pros in general (there are some notable exceptions). We're just folks who like outdoor cooking on anything from a basic Weber Kettle to a fancy kamado.

• MrB
              MrB commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, Venison is fairly popular.
              Not nearly as much as Beef, Lamb and Pork.
              We grow a lot of Beef and Lamb.
              We have to import Pork as not enough is grown here to satisfy the populations apatite.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya, amigo!

I guess an electric smoker is not quite up to the standard of the equipment some of you pros are using.
            Ain't one single dang thing wrong with yer choice of cookers, pard... It's what ya have, an I am a lifelong, staunch proponent of a fact that most folks (not here) conveniently try / choose to ignore, or at least sidestep / obfuscate:

Ya can make Great Food in/on any cooker...learn yer cooker, an all will be amazed!!!!

Th Magic is in yerself, not any hunk o metal, however "cool", regardless of price!

Jus Sayin...

Try askin how many here either started with, or are currently usin an electric smoker... I know dang well there's a whole bunch!

(Still have my Brinkmann Gourmet in th garage, an yers is a Cadillac, compared!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              BTW, great avatar pic! Yer a handsome enough feller!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thank you @Mr. Bones.
              The avatar is my boy, dalmatian, "Ubix"
              Unfortunately my wife and I had to say goodbye about three weeks ago.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana! Sorry to hear about your dog. Tough blow to your family.

Comment

No apologies for an electric smoker. There are a few members here with em. A smoker is a smoker, there are just different types. The good thing is that you recognize the need to progress, cool. Lookin forward to your gittin better. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit MrB! You live in a wonderful part of the world! My wife and I toured the South Island this past December with a couple of days in Nelson. We so appreciate your national hospitality. And the venison, lamb, beef, wine, fresh veggies, mountains, waterfalls, meat pies, ... well, I could ramble on. I’m looking forward to hearing of your BBQ adventures. Good bunch here - I think you’ll feel right at home.

Comment

• MrB
                        MrB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you @obiQsmoker,
                        Yes, we do live in a wonderful part of the world...
                        Our region is blessed with fantastic raw ingredients and it is all up to what we do with them.
                        I am looking forward to venturing into a new taste sensation.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here