Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Nelson, New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Keiferr
    replied
    Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia!

Leave a comment:

• MrB
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you @obiQsmoker,
    Yes, we do live in a wonderful part of the world...
    Our region is blessed with fantastic raw ingredients and it is all up to what we do with them.
    I am looking forward to venturing into a new taste sensation.

• obiQsmoker
    replied
    Welcome to the pit MrB! You live in a wonderful part of the world! My wife and I toured the South Island this past December with a couple of days in Nelson. We so appreciate your national hospitality. And the venison, lamb, beef, wine, fresh veggies, mountains, waterfalls, meat pies, ... well, I could ramble on. I’m looking forward to hearing of your BBQ adventures. Good bunch here - I think you’ll feel right at home.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Venison, too, no?

Spent three weeks in Kiwiland last year. It's a place where I could easily live.

Welcome aboard!

PS--we are seriously not pros in general (there are some notable exceptions). We're just folks who like outdoor cooking on anything from a basic Weber Kettle to a fancy kamado.

• FireMan
    replied
    No apologies for an electric smoker. There are a few members here with em. A smoker is a smoker, there are just different types. The good thing is that you recognize the need to progress, cool. Lookin forward to your gittin better. Eat good & have fun!

Leave a comment:

• NapMaster
    replied
    Welcome from Louisiana! Sorry to hear about your dog. Tough blow to your family.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Welcome from Maryland.

Leave a comment:

• MrB
    replied
    Thank you @Mr. Bones.
    The avatar is my boy, dalmatian, "Ubix"
    Unfortunately my wife and I had to say goodbye about three weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Randy-Phx
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, great avatar pic! Yer a handsome enough feller!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya, amigo!

I guess an electric smoker is not quite up to the standard of the equipment some of you pros are using.
    Ain't one single dang thing wrong with yer choice of cookers, pard... It's what ya have, an I am a lifelong, staunch proponent of a fact that most folks (not here) conveniently try / choose to ignore, or at least sidestep / obfuscate:

Ya can make Great Food in/on any cooker...learn yer cooker, an all will be amazed!!!!

Th Magic is in yerself, not any hunk o metal, however "cool", regardless of price!

Jus Sayin...

Try askin how many here either started with, or are currently usin an electric smoker... I know dang well there's a whole bunch!

(Still have my Brinkmann Gourmet in th garage, an yers is a Cadillac, compared!

Leave a comment:

• MrB
    replied
    Wow!
    What a welcoming bunch.
    Thank you ComfortablyNumb for the links. I will check them out.
    Troutman – I am non-political also, but thank you.
    HouseHomey – We are not so big on Veal here in NZ, most of it is exported. Big on Beef, Lamb and Pork.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here