Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a new NC member but a new intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Winnipeg !

Comment

Firing up the smoker is a great way to celebrate retirement, North Carolina Mike . Congrats on scoring a lot more discretionary time, and enjoy each day of your new life.

Kathryn

Comment

Yup you're well on the way my friend, you already got the MCS bug, albeit on the cheap (nothing wrong with that btw). Welcome from the Republic of Texas !!

You're lava rock story reminded me of a gas grill fire I had a number of years back. I had a DCS gasser (expensive when I bought it) but it suffered from a bad grease collection system. Everything just dumped into a tray which you had to clean like almost every time you used it, no capacity. Anyway, had a long cook of something (don't remember) and so much grease had built up in the tray that it ignited. I go out to check on the cook and the entire top of the cooker has flames 3' high coming out of all pores !!! I instinctively dove for the propane bottle, got it unattached and got my garden hose. Of course it was a grease fire so it took about 100 gallons of water to get it to eventually go out. Pit, needless to say, was toast, literally. The piece of meat inside was burnt to a crisp. Took a while to replace that old gasser but I learned a valuable lesson, keep your cookers clean !!

Comment

Welcome and now that you're going to have some time on your side (I trust) we look forward to your cooks and contributions.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
              Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from the Black Hills of South Dakota!!

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Tar Heel!

Comment

Welcome from the North side of Raleigh!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Cary, NC!

Comment

Welcome from Schertz, Texas! Glad you have made your introduction.

Comment

Welcome from west central Minnesota

Comment

Welcome from Hays, Kansas! Glad you’re posting. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Comment

With your collection of grills you are set for retirement. You can cook on a different one every day. We are hoping to see some posts on what you are learning.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here