Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Bermuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Thank you everyone :-) im lookign forward to picking everyones brain for the tips and tricks to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up! We would love to see some pictures of your cooks in Bermuda. What type of wood do you usually use for smoking.

Thanks :-) Being on the island i just keep a simple rotation of Apple, Cherry and Pecan, i prefer the milder flavors. on occasion i will use hickory. but out store stock is all imported so the types are very limited. Its always weber chunks.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, I see. I thought maybe you burned some local woods. A few spots I have been in the Caribbean were using coconut husks for smoke. I bet you are paying a premium for that imported wood?

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        You can do a lot with that 26 you have. What isn't is doing for you?
        Yeah i know its pretty versatile, but at this point i want more space. i like to be able to do for family and friends, so i have everyone on a rotation these days lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
          Ah, I see. I thought maybe you burned some local woods. A few spots I have been in the Caribbean were using coconut husks for smoke. I bet you are paying a premium for that imported wood?
          yeah we do have one local wood thats suitable, its called bay grape or seagrape, i hear its a cherry but im not 100% sure. yeah everything is a premium here, the rule of thumb to work out pricing, whatever you want multiply by 1.8, thats a rough estimate of what we pay here for stuff.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, sounds about right. well if you can get a hold of that cherry wood, you should give it a try. I love using cherry.

Bermuda, cool! Welcome from the land of the Haggis. Pull up a virtual chair, a real beer and share the wisdom!

Comment

Welcome from Western Mass. Been to your island, however a long time ago. Beautiful.

Comment

Welcome from NYC. Curious if you've smoked any local cuisine yet?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here