Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Albuquerque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Albuquerque

Hey folks,

I've decided I've done enough lurking and need to start being active on this site. I'm new to the world of smoking, but by using this site as a guide I've had success with everything I've tried so far. I'm a poor graduate student who gets a major kick out of smoking chunks of meat for impromptu get togethers.

I smoke on a Weber Performer Platinum with a Smokenator and a CyberQ Wifi controller. A Humphphrey's is on my dream list... seriously considering putting my tax return towards one!

Thanks for the awesome community, I've learned so much already.

Welcome T&P! We're glad you're here... and not lurking... lurking is cool but it's much more fun when you interact.

Comment

Welcome my friend!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

TriedAndProven
          Welcome to the Pit. If you engage with those in The Pit, you are guaranteed to up your game.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Comment

Welcome TP! I love using the Performer with Smokenator. Glad to see that you do as well.

Comment

• TriedAndProven
                TriedAndProven commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been very pleased with the combination so far. I lust for a cabinet smoker, but as a poor grad student it's just not in the cards currently.

Welcome T&P and thanks for the support.

Comment

Belated welcome TriedAndProven! Thanks for the support!

The kettle grill when set up properly will give you grade A results. I've used a few different types of cookers and my favorite is burning logs in my offset, but I can do very fine stuff on the kettle. A good quality cabinet will increase your payload and need much less tending. A good one to look at is the Backwoods Chubby (small) Chubby G2 (small/medium) or Party (large) models. But there are many as I'm sure you've discovered.

Glad you've been "lurking" for a while, that means you surely have read the articles and tried them yourself to know what you're doing.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• TriedAndProven
                  TriedAndProven commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I keep getting an error when I try and add a signature. Think it's iPad related, or is there a glitch in the matrix?

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TriedAndProven yes it's iPad-related. vBulletin and Apple products get into arguments occasionally.

You can either post here what you want in your sig, or PM me, and I can do it for you if you'd like. If you want any fancy formatting let me know that too.

• TriedAndProven
                  TriedAndProven commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @Huskee

Thanks for all the help. PM inbound momentarily.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here