Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor kitchen brand overload !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor kitchen brand overload !!

Hi y’all, Steve from New Orleans, Louisiana getting ready for Mardi Gras. I joined this site 5 minutes ago and need a little direction about selecting the. Rand and components for my new house (not started construction yet) in my outdoor kitchen. I have been looking at a dozen brands of grills Kalamazoo, Heston, DCS, alfresco blaze and a few more. I am looking for a nice grill to be a central focus as we cook, party and enjoy a view of lake Pontchatrain.

Where can I find the best unbiased reviews

i am commotted to a fancy ass grill, rotisserie, power burner and somehow I want to get a griddle in the mix.

thanks

Welcome from Colorado ... and here's a good place to start: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews

Comment

Plenty of good reviews on this site. What's your budget?

Comment

You can also browse this thread for idea and inspiration.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I grew up in New Orleans. In whT part of the city do you live?

Comment

I currently live across the lake but will be building in Metairie at the foot of the levee on lake pontchatrain.

My my budget is good. I am thinking about 35k for all parts of my outdoor kitchen/island 16ft x 23ft

thanks I will checkout your site suggestions

Comment

welcome and cant get any better than Kalamazoo grills. $$$$$

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. I really like what I hear about Kalamazoo, but you can also produce great food on a Craig’s List bargain find. Some other top end grills can give you both the wow factor, and leave some money on the table for other improvements to the outdoor kitchen. Whatever you decide, we would love to see photos of the build and the finished project.

Comment

With that budget, you should take a look at this griddle. I may end up scoring one but I have yet to use one so I can't give you a review yet. It's an Evo Grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	evo-affinity-30g.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	639794

Comment

Personally, I would get a Weber S-670 gasser, a Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill, and a Blackstone 36" griddle. Still need to add the power burners, but that combination would come in under 7K new, leaving the rest for construction. But that's just me.

Comment

• fracmeister
                    fracmeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That and the side burners and a charcoal weber (ok and a few others) are what I have!

Welcome to the pit. I need a budget like that...

Comment

• Dan Deter
                    Dan Deter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know, right?

• Dan Deter
                    Dan Deter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually, when I add up all I need to do on house and property before SWMBO would countenance the cookers, I probably need about 3x that budget...

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly. If I bring another cooker to the house before doing some work, I had better be able to sleep in it.

First, welcome. I'm just west of you in Denham Springs.

Second, I no advice for you on the components. Other here will certainly help you as best the can. AR is an excellent group.

Third: while I know it is nice to envision your space with all sorts of cooking equipment. In my opinion I would want to use the space for a few months before I decide on final placement or the equipment that I purchased. You never know how the rain will fall, how the wind will blow, where the smoke will go, how many people will fit, until you actually use the space. Built ins are just that. Once in place, that is it, unless you can crap cash on demand. I've been trying to master the latter with poor results.

Anyway, good luck with your build and don't be a stranger on AR. Excellent, smart, experienced folks here.

Rhett

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Steve.

Comment

Welcome! I do not own one but the Kalamazoo Hybrid is just that, a hybrid, wood burner, gas, charcoal. It looks like a marvelous piece of equipment. What ever trips your trigger, you can do it. Rick Bayless has one & uses it for his out door videos. Deeply check it out. It appears to be the finest on the market.

Comment

Thanks for the remarks and suggestions. I will follow your leads and keep thinking and researching. Seems like a great group willing to have fun and share good things and some advice from prior "learning".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here