Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction

Hello and thanks for the welcome. Rick Sabatino, aka Sabby, here from Oak Park, IL, on the west side of Chicago. I've been smoking on a weber grill and plan to build my own ugly drum smoker soon. The people and the articles I found on Amazing Ribs has upped my game considerably. I love to do a whole packer brisket or a pork butt. my neighbors love it too because I love to share.After years of doing ribs in a pressure smoker for a national casual dinning chain it's a pleasure to do some real smoking.

Great to have you Sabby! We're glad to have you doing some real backyard smoking too. The beauty of non-production meat smoking is you can make a hobby out of it (instead of a job) and really enjoy the process and tweak it how you like.

Let's get to work on that signature! This will help all of us see what you're cooking on at quick glance as well as your thermometers or other accessories. You can find out how to create your sig by checking out Pit Boss' "Forum Tips" post under the Welcome channel here.

Comment

Yo Sabby. WELCOME to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome (again) to The Pit Sabby! Please take a moment to read my Welcome letter and Tips topics located here. Tip #1 will help you with filling out that Signature!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Sabby! We're glad to have you here!

Comment

So you're the one responsible for those smoke ring-less restaurant ribs! Just kidding. My first ribs were from a casual dining place, and its what got me thinking about BBQ in the first place. Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here