Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2thebitterends here,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2thebitterends here,

Hi all! I'm Eric Hughes. I am originally from southern New Jersey but moved to Maryland (between Baltimore and Annapolis) 16 years ago. That's right around the time I started cooking food on the grill on a regular basis. I started with a cheap gas grill and I rarely produced good results, despite my best attempts. One day, while preheating the grill, it caught on fire with flames coming out of everywhere. After putting the fire out and my heart returning to proper rhythm, I decided to never use gas grills again and went out to buy my first 22 1/2" Weber charcoal grill. From there I've been in a constant state of happiness and trying to learn as much as I can about BBQ and smoking good food!

I have two 22 1/2" Webers and one Lg Big Green Egg. I recently purchased the Pit Master IQ120 and have used it on both the Weber and BGE with decent results. I love to BBQ and smoke anything but I'd say I have the most success with pork butt but my wife prefers the ribs. I am concentrating on improving everything but particularly my brisket and ribs.

I am in the market to expand on my equipment and trying to figure out the type and size of smoker that would best suit me and my plans of entertaining larger groups of people.

This site is a treasurer chest of information and I grateful it popped up as a suggested site on my Facebook account. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all and contributing as much as I can from my limited knowledge and experience.

Welcome to The Pit Eric! Nice into post. I too had flames shooting out of a gas grill once. Except mine wasn't when preheating but when 4 steaks were on it, 2 being 2" thick porterhouses.... ughhh, bad memories.

Anyway glad to have you on board! You mention looking for another smoker to add to your arsenal...might I suggest a loaded Yoder Wichita stickburner?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hello Eric. WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome aboard Eric, this is the place to be

Comment

Welcome Eric! We're glad you're here.

Comment

2theBitterends Welcome to the Pit. If your looking to learn, you've come to the right place. Thanks for the support. Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Welcome Eric, this is the best learning site there is. IMHO.

Comment

Welcome, Eric. Based upon comments on this site and reviews it sounds like the best values in smokers are the Weber Smokey Mountain (I have the mini 14.5") and the Pit Barrel cooker. Also, since you have 2 Weber kettles have you looked into the Smokenator? I got mine with the hover grill for Father's Day and I've produced great food with it on multiple occasions.

Comment

Come on in, Eric! You will have a good time, and become a better BBQ Cook!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here