Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Lookout Mountain in NE Alabama and been grilling and smoking meats for years. Discovered this site and felt sure I could learn a lot from some very accomplished cooks. I use an Oklahoma Joe stick burner and a Traeger pellet grill but like the OKjoe best. Looking forward to becoming a better outdoor cook from joining the Pitmaster Club!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to have ya aboard, lookin forward to more from ya!

I love my OKJ, an that's a fact, Jack! Got th Highland, here...

Served overseas with some folks, Once Upon a Time, , from yer immediate AO.

Comment

Welcome aboard, from Pensacola FL!

Comment

• Morgan_2320
        Morgan_2320 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Sayin' hey from down Houston way !!! Welcome to the Pit !!

Comment

• Morgan_2320
        Morgan_2320 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Morgan, Welcome! I'm new too. NE Alabama is a hidden jem. I've camped there a few times with the Boy Scouts near Ft. Payne. Wonderful

Comment

• Morgan_2320
        Morgan_2320 commented
        Editing a comment
        Camp Comer

• NapMaster
        NapMaster commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Camp Comer!! Due to its altitude, it is comfortable at night, unlike most other scout camps in the south where we all roast.

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from down the road in Chattanooga.

Comment

• Morgan_2320
          Morgan_2320 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks neighbor!

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

• Morgan_2320
          Morgan_2320 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Can't get much more NE Alabama than Lookout Mountain. Welcome from Colorado ... (back in high school, I'd have said "from Huntsville, AL").

Comment

• Morgan_2320
          Morgan_2320 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the pit Morgan_2320 Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Comment

Welcome from another newcomer in SE Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Tell us what you have been cookin' and we can give you some ideas for what to try in the future,

Comment

• Morgan_2320
          Morgan_2320 commented
          Editing a comment
          ribs, butts, salmon, chicken, chili

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Try a chuck roast. They cook like a butt, but to a slightly higher temp for probe tender. I suggest using a brisket type rub, or dry brine and add pepper when you put it on the grill.

So there is a place named Lookout Mountain, L I B. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here