Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the Saddle

As some of you have noticed, and perhaps some of you have rejoiced, I've been AWOL for some time. This was due to not having internet because of relocating. I finally had internet installed at my new location, and am back in the saddle again. How about a song to go with it?

For those who appreciate the classic:

And for those who prefer classic rock:

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; January 21, 2023, 01:01 AM.

im excited

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't decided if I'm a glutton for punishment or just plain crazy.

Personally I like Firesign Theater’s parady of Back from the shadows again. Welcome back. You moved? The farm?
    You believe in hard work.......Woody Guthrie.
    Last edited by FireMan; January 20, 2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Where the wallpaper is green, and you can pee right into the stream?

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, nothin like hard work. 😎

Great to hear from you! This is great that you are back. I look forward to seeing your new digs! Congrats on the new job and the new wood source! I look forward to seeing some pictures in the new farm journal.

Comment

I'm glad you are back. It was, at times, uncomfortably numb while you were gone.

Comment

Very nice, can't wait to experience it all with you! Congrats! (I think)

Comment

Wow great to see you back in the saddle my friend !! Been wondering what the heck was going on. So two farms? Your empire continues to grow, are you now considered a gentleman farmer or are you going to sell the first one? Can't wait to see the Farm Journal and get caught up. Good to have you back !!!

Comment

Whew, I'll call off the Rangers we sent to find you! Looking forward to CN Farmfest II! As an ex-Californian how do you like WA? We're always on the lookout for exit path.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on. I always thought Vancouver, WA would be almost ideal.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Living in Mt Shasta we too take advantage of OR's 0% sales tax, but as you know CA is not known as a tax haven on any level. Probably on the 5 year plan right now, but that can change with the stroke of a Governor's pen.
              Last edited by CaptainMike; January 21, 2019, 03:26 PM.

Welcome back ComfortablyNumb ! Apple trees in Washington? Who knew? Ha! I can't wait to see your farm updates...X2.

Comment

Nice to have you back in that saddle, ComfortablyNumb . I really missed those Farm Journal posts. With two farms going full tilt, you should have plenty to post about, if you have the time, that is.

Kathryn

Comment

Looks like a great setup and having quail on your ground makes it all the better. Guarantee these girls would love that setup. Enjoy! Look forward to seeing your posts again!
                Attached Files

Comment

Glad you're back, and that the move has gone well!

Comment

Congrats on the new place. Welcome back!

Comment

C.N., do you actively farm both properties and drive as well? I am jealous of your readily available apple wood (not jealous of the workload!). In Hood River I have an orchardist friend who lets me pull from the burn pile in the late spring. It's a lot of work, since the pile includes old mattresses, broken furniture, etc. But, it's perfect size for the KBQ. I spend the day pulling and cutting and tossing into the Safari. Remembered to bring gas and chain oil, but last year I forgot the drinking water. One of my sons-in-law is from a ranch near Omak, on the plateau above the Columbia. Are you near there?
                      Daniel

Comment

Good to have you back, CN. BTW, I couldn't get the links in your original post. Here is the Gene Autry song. BTW, Smiley Burnet had a small part in it. He was one of the best ever at physical comedy.

Last edited by gcdmd; January 21, 2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here