Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from South AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from South AL

Hi all, this is Carrie from the beautiful Gulf coast region of Alabama. I stumbled onto the website while looking for a good dry rub for BBQ - found it; Meathead's Memphis Dust!!

My dad, born and raised in Memphis, made a most awesome pulled pork and BBQ sauce. He is gone now and so is his receipes. Word of advice - if Momma makes the best Mac'nCheese in the world, get in the kitchen alongside her and cook!

A little about me. I am a CPA but took "early retirement" when my girls were born and for the past 15 yrs I have been working full time as a Family/Home Administrator (get it ?)

I am VERY new to the whole smoker scene but would rather be outside doing most anything. Our gas grill has an attached "smoker" which works pretty good once you implement all the great suggestions found on the site.

Here's to smoke and bark; may you never have enough!

Welcome aboard Carrie

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit, Carrie! Thanks for joining up with us. Sounds like you have a great background in proper barbecue from the memories of your dad's recipes! Check out our Recipes and Techniques > Rubs, Pastes, Marinades thread to see a few more dry rubs that members have contributed. Meathead's Memphis Dust is surely a favorite too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Great advice Carrie. Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

I spent a lot of time in LA growing up...they have some fine Q

Comment

Welcome aboard Carrie

Comment

Hello Carrie. Spent some time in Mobile and the Gulf Coast from Sarasota to NO. If I still lived there you could call me Fishhead. Great place to be from.

Comment

Welcome Carrie! I was born and raised in central Alabama. Nice to have another Alabamian in The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here