Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newcomer from Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer from Iowa

I'm a born and bred Iowan and have lived in the beautiful bluffs of northeast Iowa for the past 20+ years. I've been a fan of AmazingRibs for some time, and thought I'd finally show my appreciation by becoming a paid member.

I'm the pitmaster, so to speak, in my family, although I'm still working on truly being qualified for the title -- I'm still a rookie at smoking and know I have a lot to learn. My husband buys the groceries and loves to eat whatever I smoke or grill, and I get to have the fun of cooking. We make a good team.

I smoke and grill with propane. Over the years, I've compared my stuff to my pitmaster buddy's charcoal smoked meats. I've decided, while I agree charcoal has its advantages, I'm good with the tradeoff.

Santa brought me a pretty Weber Genesis gas grill this Christmas to replace my elderly Warm Morning / Broilmaster grill. My pitmaster buddy told my spouse at Labor Day that I deserved a better grill than what I had. I'm curious to see how the new one compares to my old grill. The new one had better be amazing, cuz the Warm Morning has paid its way with lots of yummy burgers, chicken, pork loin, fish, and steaks.

--DeeAnna

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome DeeAnna good to have you in the Pit. I'm a native of the Chicago area and spent some time in the Quad Cities, not sure if that's close to you or not. Keep learning and participating, nothing is too trivial to ask about. Enjoy being in our community !!!

Comment

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm about 2 hours north of the Quad Cities. About as far north and east as you can go without crossing into Minnesota or getting wet in the Mississippi River.

A big welcome from SA

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• IowaGirl
                IowaGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, you have my current email and my email software already knows about y'all. And I promise I'll read the homework assignment and be a pleasant and helpful member on this forum. Lookin' forward to being neighborly.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Bet you will love that new Weber once you get it broken in.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, TX!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, DeeAnna ... which model Genesis did you get?

Comment

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Genesis 330 SE. I have yet to fire her up, but I'm itching to test out her paces!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your Weber!

Comment

Welcome from Hays, KS! I too was born and raised in Iowa, however, I was raised in Southwest Iowa. This is a great group.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                          Sweaty Paul commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As it turns out I’m from Shenandoah. Small world!

• IowaGirl
                          IowaGirl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sweaty Paul -- She was a McNees. Some of the clan still lives around that neighborhood.

• Sweaty Paul
                          Sweaty Paul commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My Dad was born and raised there. I’ll ask if he knows. Happy New Year!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here