Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member From Cincinnati, Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member From Cincinnati, Ohio

My name is Brett Kallini. I’m 13 years old and from Cincinnati, Ohio. For Christmas a couple days ago I received a Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett pellet grill and a Masterbuilt 340g 40 inch electric smoker. I love them both. I’m looking for tips on how to smoke meat to have better results specifically on beef brisket, pork shoulder, and pork ribs. I also have been smoking meat for about a year. I just need helpful information on smoking meat. If there is anyone out there who can help me respond to this.

Welcome Brett! For starts, head on over to the public side of the site, and explore the pages there. There are whole sections on most of those kinds of cooks that will tell you how and why. You want to build up your understanding of "why", because that will allow you to invent the "hows". Best wishes.

When you have specific questions, ask them here on the forums.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Them is some nice cookers that ya got there, Brett!
      (And a very generous Santa!)

Feel free to ask all kinda questions; th members here are friendly, an helpful, an have lots of knowledge, an experience

Lotsa folks here, with pellet cookers, an even Green Mountains, specifically...they'll be able to give ya some collected experience, an wisdom that is second to none...tips an tricks are abundant, as well

Plenty of electric smoker owners, an experience, advice, etc. here too

I'm excited fer ya, an anxious to see yer Great Food, an yer new smokers in action!

Got any pics of previous cooks? That'd jus be SO COOL

Comment

Greetings from Colorado, Brett!

As EdF said, there's a ton of good information on the free part of the site. A good place to start is here: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes

​​​​​​​... and as Mr. Bones said, feel free to ask questions here in the Pit because there's a ton of folks around here more than happy to help out.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa lots of help here.
            Begin with the advice above.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

13 years old and already smokin’. Love it!!! Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Does my heart good to see you here young man, good for you. I can’t get my 13 yo to boil water much less want to learn how to better cook.

Look around the site, do your searches using the search engine and stay engaged. This is your chance to become a very good barbecue cook.

Remember to contribute as well, good or bad. Remember the more you stay engaged the more dividends will be returned to you. Look forward to seeing you around !!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brett! Glad to have you here. It looks like you want to be the best cook you can be. So I suggest you spend some time reading articles on the free side that discuss the "why" behind how things work. If you understand the principles, the "how" of recipes makes much more sense.

Christmas has passed, but I suspect you have a birthday coming next year, so I'm going to recommend two books that go into the science behind cooking:

Meathead Goldwin's The Science of Great BBQ and Grilling. This book has the info from the free side, but in a more logical manner.

Kenji Lopez Alt's The Food Lab. This book has a ton of great info on cooking in general, and will also help you with whatever you want to cook.

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Heartily seconded!

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Third it

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The motion unanimously passes!!!

Welcome to the pit from TN. Glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! When I was a lot closer to your age one of my teachers said, "Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson afterwards." You have a great opportunity in the Pit to learn from other’s experience.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Great to have someone your age join some of us old guys. I agree with the suggestion to start with the tips on the main site, then read or ask questions in here. The search function is pretty good to see if your question has already been asked and answered.

Comment

• EdF
                              EdF commented
                              Editing a comment
                              But we don't really mind when the same question gets asked more than once. Helps us too!

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here