Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew from Santa Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew from Santa Fe

Hello all-

Figured i'd pay my dues and sign up after reading all the techniques and recipes. I've been a pretty ignorant cook for the past 10 years - just throwing meat on gas - but recently decided to up my game. I've been checking out new techniques and have gone back to charcoal (a weber kettle) and bought a thermapen. I'll occasionally do pork and beef but i'm typically grilling wild game; deer, elk, pronghorn, trout and salmon. Looking forward to learning all i can.

-matthew

Welcome, Matthew!

I would love to try grilling some wild game someday! I love me a well-cooked deer steak! Let us know if you run across any great wild game recipes. Also, check out the welcome section so you can get your signature set up.

Again, Welcome!
    Trevis

Comment

If you only own one grill, it should be a Weber kettle! Just gave a OTG to my son-in-law for Father's Day along with the Weber "How to Grill" book. After my original Imperial Kamado fell apart, I got back into smoking using a smokenator with my OTS based on the review here. Have another Kamado style cooker now, but have the itch to get a stick burner. But the Weber rocks!

Comment

Hey pojo. Glad you made it...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Matt! Please take a moment to read my Welcome letter and Tips topics located here. Tip #1 will help you with filling out that Signature!

Comment

Welcome to The Pitt.

Man, I'm getting worried. By the time I start competing, this site is going to have created a thousand more tough opponents! Everybody is catching the BBQ fever, and the only cure, is more cow--er--pork, or whatever meat you prefer.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Go on, say it...more cowbell....

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here