Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

Hey Y'all! Greetings from SE North Carolina. Been home-cooking for some time now, would really like to step my game up with BBQ and smoking and am looking for any insight I can get. I've traditionally been a gasser and before I bought a new grill I want to learn as much as possible to make a wise purchasing decision.

I love the science behind cooking which is what drew me to the "Meathead" book which I received for Christmas, already it's been hard to put down.

My favorite things to cook have been wings and boston butts but looking forward to expanding my horizons!

Welcome! Enjoy!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Merry Christmas, as well!!!

Glad yer here, now, to learn along with me!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
        Merry Christmas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland but grew up down your way. Great BBQ country.

Comment

We are all learning from each other. I’m glad you decide to join the Amazing Ribs Faculty! Welcome from Schertz Texas

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome and Merry Christmas from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! You're in for a world of learning, I know I've learned a ton myself.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kyle. If you were happy with your butt cook, try a chuck roast. It cools the same way a butt does, but normally needs to go a few degrees higher to reach probe tender. A beef type rub would also be in order.

As far as what cooker to buy, we can help with that too. Just answer a few questions:

How many people will you likely be cooking for?
                      Do you have a preference as to type of cooker? Gas, wood, charcoal or pellets?
                      How much time do you want to spend actually monitoring your cooks? From almost constant to set and forget.
                      What is your budget?
                      Others may chip in with additional questions...

Comment

• kylebreuer
                        kylebreuer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        RonB, thanks for the recommendation.
                        Responses:
                        -typ at most, 4, leftovers aren't a bad thing in our house though
                        -No pref right now, always leaned towards gas due to time but would love to explore other options or even trying the two zone process and using wood chips for smoking. My current gas is a 4 burner Lowe's job, starting to rust out, etc. so definitely need to make a change.
                        -Budget will depend on the decision to stick with gas only or to go with a new gas and a smoker or charcoal.

Welcome to the Pit from Minnesota. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia.

Comment

Greetings from Boston. If you're looking to step up your game as you say, you're in the right place. I've learned a lot on here and hope you do as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here