Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg from Pacific Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Let us hear what you do with Salmon.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
        Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Greetings from Boston. Below is a good link to everything you need to know about smoking brisket. Generally though, I usually cook at 250 degrees for roughly 1.25 hours per pound. If your cooking other meats with the brisket as well, add extra time.

Behold the best smoked brisket recipe ever! Texas style brisket is more than a recipe, it is a concept and a goal. It all begins by selecting the right meat, trimming it, seasoning it, smoking it, slicing it, and more. Follow this easy BBQ brisket guide for mouthwatering results!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. I see you already have lots of great brisket advice above so I will just add that you need to also have refreshments for the cook as it is a slow process. Have fun.

Comment

Hey All,
              it turns out I’m pretty much a cyber-dork with respect to understanding how to respond to all your great advice. My sincere apologies, I didn’t intend to be rude.., I was just ignorant.
              i did my first flat on 12/26. It was graded as choice and it turned out moist and tender... not as so as for a Seattle BBQ restaurant, but I suspect that they use prime.
              I did dry brine it and use the Texas crutch, albeit I think late in the game.
              Also, I forgot to add a water pan into the cooker... rookie mistake!
              Even so, my wife said it was her new favorite of my endeavors (first husband was a professional chef, so I didn’t do to bad).

My new question: is using a meat tenderizer considered cheating? on my first brisket flat, I did spritz it with half water, half pineapple juice as I knew that pineapple had tenderizing properties.
              I DO want tender and moist brisket. I DO NOT want to cheat or be unethical in the BBQ world.
              Please let me know what your thoughts are on this topic and feel free to offer any advice.
              Again, if I am slow to respond I don’t intend to be rude or neglectful... I’m kind of new to social platforms.
              Much obliged,
              Greg

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. I do not see any cheating, if you like your results of your cook.

Comment

• PNWGreg
                  PNWGreg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. I don’t see myself entering any competitions. I just want to provide my guests a good dining experience.

Welcome from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

• PNWGreg
                  PNWGreg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Sweaty Paul, I was just a few hours away from you this last August.
                  I went to see where my Dad’s family farm was in Hastings, NE was to see where he grew up.
                  Greetings from Mukilteo, WA!

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad you had safe travels!

Howdy Greg, and welcome from The Great State of Jefferson! I took the liberty to consult "The Official Rules of Cooking" and it clearly states in Article I, Section 1, Sub-section i, First Paragraph: There are no rules. I think you're good to cook whatever you want, how ever you want.

Comment

• PNWGreg
                  PNWGreg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Captain Mike,
                  The Great State of Jefferson?
                  I love it!!!
                  I am beginning to agree: no rules except those endowed from our Creator.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here