Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from SE Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from the Galveston area!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Dude, welcome welcome! I'm just across the Sabine from you, in Lake Charles. You'll have a great time here in thePit and learn a ton.

I learned barbecue using this wonderful site as a guide, and opened a barbecue food truck in 2016, and am opening a restaurant early 2019. Come by and get some of that on-point barbecue! See you soon.

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll have to look you up next time I drive over there.

Welcome from Winnipeg. That is a cool looking smoker.

Comment

Welcome to the pit 58limited . Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ. Looking forward to more pics of the cookers and food. Noticed the A@M stickers !! Hope you enjoyed the 7 over time victory over my Tigers

Comment

Welcome from California! Fellow homebrewer here. Looking forward to your cooking adventures and hopefully sharing some brewing tales as well.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia

Comment

Greetings from Boston. Like you, good BBQ restaurants around here are very hard to find so I just do it myself (and like you have a few beers while doing so). Enjoy the Pit. Lots of good info here.

Comment

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My mom is from Scituate. Thanks to her I know how to make Boston Baked beans, clam chowder, and Yorkshire pudding.

• panteracfh3
                  panteracfh3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! Those are good recipes to know!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thanks again for the welcoming responses.

I've been exploring the site all week and I like it so much that I upgraded to the 3 year membership special being offered. I also bought Meathead's book on Amazon.

Based on the recipes and info from this site I am curing a 6 lb corned beef brisket which will be smoked to make Meathead's Katz Deli pastrami.

Today I "deep cleaned" my Cypress Grill and replaced the gasket - I found some cracks in the base but they are not structurally significant so I should be able to enjoy a few more years with my Cypress Grill. The fire box, however, is now in 5 pieces - it went back together but is unstable. I will buy a BGE firebox as a replacement.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Comment

• RickyBobby
                    RickyBobby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In for the long haul!! Love it! Welcome again, I look forward to pics of your pastrami

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The pastrami from scratch is a great project! Enjoy!

See if you can connect with some great sauerkraut and a good swiss-style cheese, and make the Reubens (see the public side of the site, but use your pastrami, not just corned beef).

• 58limited
                    58limited commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a sauerkraut crock that was given to me back in college by a grad student from Switzerland. I am starting 15 lbs. of sauerkraut tomorrow I made some pretty good Kimchi last spring, turned it into pulled pork egg rolls.

Welcome from Hays, KS!

Comment

Sorry just ran across this...welcome fellow Texan from the Katy area. Good to have you in the Pit !!!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, east of San Antonio!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here