Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the SF Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Southern Oregon. I lived in the SF bay area (Santa Clara) for 29 years and don't miss that congestion at all. Too bad about Orchard Supply Hardware. That used to be my go to for all things hardware. It was, way back, a superb hardware store. Some good things just don't last. KFAT radio was also a favorite that went away many years ago. Congrats on the out of business grill score!

Comment

• weetodd
      weetodd commented
      Editing a comment
      When OSH went to 25% off and they still had 1 left in a box in the back, I finally convinced my wife!

The Bay Area has changed A TON in my lifetime. Traffic is awful... I don’t remember that being a thing while growing up.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      KFAT, oh yeah...

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      And bye bye Harry's Hofbrau in San Jose... used to enjoy with the entire family https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...u-in-san-jose/
      Specialties: Classic American and German food and 28 hard to find craft beer and imported beer on draft. Established in 1973. Family run since 1973 we keep up the tradition of quality food at an affordable price. We also have a passion for craft breweries and have 28 beers on draft that pour hard to find brews. Every Thursday is pint night.

Welcome from Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Welcome aboard from nearby Clayton!

Comment

• weetodd
          weetodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Practically neighbors!!!

Welcome from Minnesota . Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from TN. Not only will MCS get you, but I have gained a few pounds from cooking and eating since I joined.

Comment

Welcome, from MN. Cheers!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Master Club! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit Master Club.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

The unbiased (or at least openly biased) information I found via the Pit made this a must join community. I spent months researching the grill I wanted. Everywhere I looked it was "this is best because I own it"... except here. Even people who don't like pellet grills had input I valued towards my decision. I don't know if it's the moderators or just the community, but it's a breath of fresh air in todays on-line climate. Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I rate this unbiased reply a Perfect 10 😎

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome, from Chico.

Comment

Welcome from just a bit north of you — Ashland, OR. I, too, am a newbie to the site and excited to see what I can offer and learn.

Comment

• weetodd
                        weetodd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I saw your post! I am so interested in the butchering side of meat. Everyone talks about "getting to know your local butcher", but in the Bay Area I don’t know where to buy meat other than a grocery store like Safeway or Whole Foods, or my go-to: Costco.

I asked one of the guys at Whole Foods if they had any USDA Prime ribeyes, and he looked at me like I was crazy. Where does one find a real butcher? Lol

• danforth
                        danforth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        weetodd I know this is a late response, but here goes. In SF you've got several wonderful butchers. For starters, check out: Avedanos, Belcampo, Clove & Hoof, Bi-Rite, and Marina Meats.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here