Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Tampa Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Tampa Bay

Hello all,
    I'm a new member but have been lurking for months. The hints are great here and my BBQ diary is getting big enough to refer back to it for those special what "would I do next times". I raised three kids starting with camping on a smokey Joe and a Weber Kettle at home. Graduated to a gas Weber 18 years ago when I lived in Vermont so i could shovel off the back porch and cook all year long! I finally just donated it to my Marina as it still works great after I built an outdoor kitchen with a Lynx, side burners, Beer cooler and sink. Now that I have a TV on the lanai, I live outside (sorry folks up North but I did my time).

I've smoked some great Ribs and PB on the grill but used a lot of gas for 4-6 hour burns and had to rig a foil vent over the big opening in the cover to hold the smoke and heat (I know, its a no-no I'm bad). I'm Moving back into a charcoal smoker now as I am on my second round of home made corned beef a la AmazingRibs.com . First time made two awesome boiled dinners and now I want to go the rest of the way and smoke it. The Tiki bar was built by a retired Busch Gardens artist. the front is really special.

I'm a scuba diver and spearfish when I can, ride a motorcycle (a red Ducati is where my signature comes from) and sail. I'm still working, travel a lot, but enjoy the heck out of my job with Pyrotechnic Valves (yep, you heard it right!), U.S. Navy stuff and everything from Submarines to Satellites. I like it as I am former Navy vet. Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1885.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	59860
    Attached Files

Dang man, you got it going on!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support.

I cook my corned beef, soon to be pastrami, Saturday, then steam it Monday and Tuesday. I have 2 pieces.

Comment

• ReddukeST4
      ReddukeST4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to hear from you. Post the results! I cant wait till next week when I give it a try. What smoker are you using?

Welcome John, you are really going to like it here. Thanks for your time served I also was in the good ole USN for a while and can relate a bit to your experiences. My son is a Diver for Oceaneering International and is down in Corpus Christi working on some huge platform they are getting ready to tow out in the Gulf.

Anyway a great pic of your outdoor Kitchen and Lanai. I spent 8 years out at Pearl Harbor.

I hope you are enjoying the Duc!@! I just sold my KTM 950A a couple of years ago and it has been painful since.

I look forward to your Posts and Pics in the future.

Comment

• ReddukeST4
      ReddukeST4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to hear from you. I know of Oceaneering. I trust you still make the bike events, its nice to stay in the gang.

Hello RD! Welcome

Comment

Red... Your setup looks fantastic. Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Hi John and welcome to the Pit

Comment

Much belated welcome, John / ReddukeST4! Beautiful setup, I wish for something half as gorgeous, I bet you really can relax there. I wish you lived near me, but you're probably glad I don't, ha ha.

Look forward to more from you. Good job on your signature!

Comment

Glad to see a fellow BBQ'er from Tampa Bay.

Welcome!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here