Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by BluesDaddy View Post
    Hey, new to the club here. Not a competitor, just a back yarder, but am on BBQ Brethren with the same user ID. I don't post much, but do read a lot. I wanted to support Amazing Ribs because when I started getting back into the low and slow 5 or 6 years ago, this site helped me nail spares and continues to be a unending source of inspiration and information.

Welcome to The Pit Jon! We hope you're more active here. Our community only gets better with more participation. Please take a moment to read my Welcome letter and Tips topics located here. Tip #1 will help you with filling out that Signature!

Leave a comment:

• BluesDaddy
    replied
    Thanks guys. I think competing is great, for those with the time, inclination and money - none of which I have. For me, I love cooking for others, and the joy they get from the food is reward. I want to cook food that I want to eat (sometimes a LOT of) and that my family wants to eat. I like learning techniques from the competitors, but have no interest taking up that mantle beyond, perhaps, some local "back yard" comp. Thanks for the welcomes!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Welcome Jon from a fellow Georgian. I pretty much feel as you do about competition. My competition is the results and comments i get from my family and friends at home. Not that competition isn't great. Anyway welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.

Leave a comment:

• bocefuss
    replied
    Welcome, Jon!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Het Jon, Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Good to have ya Jon. I too am in the yard.

I can see why people would love to compete, I just have an infinite negative desire to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Hey Jon, greetings! Glad you've joined us. We hope you'll chat and contribute instead of just read. Even if you don't think so, posting helps other readers in small and large ways. We also love pictures of your equipmetn and your cooks.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel on the main page, as well as the Tips post. This will help you fill out your signature as well as give you instructions on how to best post pictures here. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• BluesDaddy
    started a topic Jon from Georgia

Jon from Georgia

Hey, new to the club here. Not a competitor, just a back yarder, but am on BBQ Brethren with the same user ID. I don't post much, but do read a lot. I wanted to support Amazing Ribs because when I started getting back into the low and slow 5 or 6 years ago, this site helped me nail spares and continues to be a unending source of inspiration and information.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here