Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevis from Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevis from Kansas

I am a wounded 8 year Air Force veteran who found BBQ was one of the few things I could do in my post-military life. I now smoke anything and everything I can get my hands on. It is a difficult week when I cannot cook something outside! I am slowly working back to health, and maybe soon I can try out a competition! I started with a cheap Char-griller grill, and I am slowly working my way up thanks to recommendations on this site.

I am currently using a Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone pellet smoker and my most recent acquisition, the wonderful Pit Barrel Cooker. I like the pellet smoker for all things not meat (cheesecakes, cobbler, cheeses, beans, pizzas, etc) and also for salmon (the Pit Barrel just seems to cook too hot for that delicate fish). Everything else goes in the Pit Barrel rubbed up and pink and comes out some of the best tasting stuff ever (ok, I have only tried brisket and salmon, but man was that brisket good).

I stumbled on this site looking for a recipe for a rub for ribs. What I got was an amazing education on everything outdoor cooking. This site is the most complete, accessible, and wonderful resource for BBQ I have come across. I honestly couldn't imagine it being done better than here. I am usually constantly searching for information and knowledge, and that usually takes me to many different sites. In the world of BBQ, this site is so jam packed with information, that I just keep coming back here. I cannot get enough or say enough good about this site. You guys rock!

Thank you for reading and I look forward to sharing recipes, ideas, and good times with all of you!

Trevis,

First, thank you for your service! Wishing you the best and most complete recovery possible.

Like you, I am new here and found it the same way.....looking for a rib rub recipe. Like you, I've found it unbelievably helpful! Everything I've tried here has turned out GREAT!

Rich

Comment

Welcome Trevis! Thanks for the nice words, and we wish you a full recovery. We look forward to hearing your favorite recipes and also seeing pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We have a great and helpful community here and even though we have certain methods we prefer to use and teach to others based on Meathead's and Dr Blonder's lengthy research and trials, we can always learn from each other.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel on the main page, as well as the Tips post. This will help you fill out your signature as well as give you instructions on how to best post pictures here. Enjoy!

Comment

Nice to meet you, Trevis. Hope you are hooked up with Wounded Warrior Project. They are awesome, but I don't think they've added BBQ to their many programs. Seems like a great idea to me.

Dave

Comment

Welcome Trevis! What's your USAF AFC? I was a C-130 Navigator. Stationed all over the place (It's in my bio)

Comment

• fredcanfly
            fredcanfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi David,

I was a 2E1X1 (that AFSC was changed to 3D something about a year before I got out), better known as a satellite technician, based out of Oklahoma City. Combat Comm. Only got to go a couple of places (deployment-wise) and never PCS'd.

It's good to see a fellow USAF'r on here. Thanks for the welcome!

Trevis

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a few other prior mil folks around as well. They'll turn up sooner or later.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here