Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in Massachusetts

I have read Meathead's book, and even have the small temperature magnet on my grill. I've cooked thanksgiving turkey on the grill per this site's awesome tutorial twice to great results. I figured it was time to go whole hog and join the fun in the pit, if for no other reason than to give back for all the great information and recipes I've gotten from this site!

This year I'm planning on cooking the turkey (for 12) sous vide, and finishing in the grill. I've done sous vide turkey breast for 5 for Thanksgiving, but this will be more fun cooking it for a crowd.

Welcome inside... tell us about your cookers and take pics of the birds!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Glad to have ya aboard!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Well, my cookers are pretty basic. I've got an ECB charcoal smoker with all the usual mods, and a Masterbuilt electric smoker. For my grill, its just a Weber Spirit 330.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Do you have a plan to crisp the turkey skin once done with SV?

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
                Welcome to The Pit. Do you have a plan to crisp the turkey skin once done with SV?
                Yes, I plan to finish it on the grill. With steaks, i usually just sear them on a cast iron pan in the kitchen, but like the idea of a little smoke while crisping it up on the grill!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Whole hog, what about a whole hog? Did somebody say whole hog, I don’t see a whole hog. Are there going to be pics of a whole hog. Oh............well, ok, welcome, eat good as you already is with yer turkeys, & have fun. Hopefully someday with a whole hog! 😎

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here